Posted to asp@perl.apache.org by Fernando Munoz <fm...@lgecorp.com> on 2003/02/05 00:15:47 UTC

multipart email using $Server->Mail

has anyone tried successfully to send "Content-type: multipart/alternative"
email using the $Server->Mail object? I'm trying to send email with
boundaries for text and html portions. I've already have html working with
no problem but when I try to put both formats in a message body I always end
receiving a whole text (including html code) email (I've tried several email
clients). I'd appreciate an example.

Thanks!

Re: multipart email using $Server->Mail

Posted by Philip Mak <pm...@aaanime.net>.
Fernando Munoz wrote:
> has anyone tried successfully to send "Content-type:
> multipart/alternative" email using the $Server->Mail object? I'm
> trying to send email with boundaries for text and html portions.
> I've already have html working with no problem but when I try to put
> both formats in a message body I always end receiving a whole text
> (including html code) email (I've tried several email clients). I'd
> appreciate an example.

You might also try sending yourself an HTML and text e-mail with an
HTML e-mail client, and looking at the raw source that it generates.

Then, compare it with what you are generating with $Server->Mail; you
might find what the problem is.

Re: multipart email using $Server->Mail

Posted by Josh Chamas <jo...@chamas.com>.
Fernando Munoz wrote:
> has anyone tried successfully to send "Content-type: multipart/alternative"
> email using the $Server->Mail object? I'm trying to send email with
> boundaries for text and html portions. I've already have html working with
> no problem but when I try to put both formats in a message body I always end
> receiving a whole text (including html code) email (I've tried several email
> clients). I'd appreciate an example.

I have not done this from within Apache::ASP, but it seems possible
that you could use the MIME::Lite API, and insert the right content
into $Server->Mail() usage, or you could use MIME::Lite->send()
to send the message directly.

You might also try the MIME::Lite->body_as_string() API and add that
to the Body passed to $Server->Mail, but you might also have to add
some special headers as well.

Whatever your solution, if you could post what you come up with,
that would be educational for all.

Regards,

Josh