Posted to dev@jackrabbit.apache.org by ni...@ukr.net on 2009/09/01 15:11:53 UTC

Re: Re: Jackrabbit 2.0: LocalName grammar question.

>>    Good afternoon!
>>
>>    We are interested in the grammar and restrictions of LocalNames. As for "§3.2.2 Local Names" (JSR 283) chars like '{' or '}' are valid chars to use in LocalName. Would "{my}NodeName" be a valid LocalName in your Jackrabbit 2.0? If it does then how would it be parsed as expanded name
>
>Yes.
>
>>(§3.2.5.1 Expanded form)?
>
>The expanded form would be
>  "{}{my}NodeName"
>
>>    Expanded form is defined as: ExpandedName ::= '{' Namespace '}' LocalName.
>>
>>    I mean would it be parsed as:
>>    namespace = ''
>>    localname = '{my}NodeName'
>>    or:
>>    namespace = 'my'
>>    localname = 'NodeName'
>
>As "my" is not a syntactically legal namespace name, the parser would consider it part of a local name.
>
>As far as I recall :-)
>
>BR, Julian

o'k! Let's jackrabit got path like

"/{my:favorite}jackrabbit/mailing/"

"my:favorite" is a valid uri and also
"{my:favorite}jackrabbit" is a valid localName ("§3.2.2 Local Names"(JSR 283) chars like '{' or '}' are valid chars to use in LocalName).

So this path segment may be parsed as:

1. qualifiedName, where prefix="" (empty prefix notation that should be written without ":") and localName="{my:favourite}jackrabbit"
2. expandedName, where uri="my:favourite" and localname="jackrabbit"

How would it be parsed? Can I really use "{my:favorite}jackrabbit" as node name with empty prefix?

Re: Re: Jackrabbit 2.0: LocalName grammar question.

Posted by Jukka Zitting <ju...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

2009/9/1  <ni...@ukr.net>:
> o'k! Let's jackrabit got path like
>
> "/{my:favorite}jackrabbit/mailing/"
>
> "my:favorite" is a valid uri and also
> "{my:favorite}jackrabbit" is a valid localName ("§3.2.2 Local Names"(JSR
> 283) chars like '{' or '}' are valid chars to use in LocalName).

"{my:favorite}jackrabbit" is not a valid local name as it contains the
':' character.

BR,

Jukka Zitting