Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Lally Singh <la...@gmail.com> on 2007/02/12 21:46:08 UTC

Stability of Cocoon 2.2 SVN

Hey everyone, I'm planning on doing a new project in Cocoon, and was
wondering if the SVN (2.2) codebase is stable enough for production
use?

I'm mostly interested in its mavenization and use of Spring.  Maven's
pretty important, Spring can be replaced as long as Hibernate or an
equivalent is available.

Thanks in advance!

-ls

Re: Stability of Cocoon 2.2 SVN

Posted by Grzegorz Kossakowski <gr...@tuffmail.com>.
Lally Singh napisał(a):
> Thanks for the quick reply!
No problem.

> We're building a survey system, with LDAP auth and some fairly
> in-depth reporting.  I'm working on Hibernate integration right now,
> and will worry about learning CForms and cocoon's authentication
> system after that.

CForms block is shared between C2.1.x and C2.2 so you should not worry
about it's stability. I don't know much about LDAP auth so won't comment.

It's funny that I was planning to write tutorial on writing simple
questionnaire application with use of CForms, Template, Flowscript and
all powered by C2.2's new, outstanding features. Unfortunately, some
work is needed[1][2] before I can base my tutorial on the new stuff. I
hope that I'm near the end of this process and will be able to write
this tutorial quite soon.

[1] http://article.gmane.org/gmane.text.xml.cocoon.devel/70383
[2] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/COCOON-1991

--