Posted to jetspeed-user@portals.apache.org by Carlos Henrique <so...@gmail.com> on 2005/12/13 16:38:53 UTC

A well-behaved Jetspeed portlet

Hello,

We are using Jetspeed 1.5 in full production inside one of the biggest Latin
America companies, with good results. Of course we suffer a lot from lack of
full documentation and we wonder almost everyday how we will be happier if
some books like 'Jetspeed in action' and 'Jetspeed a developer handbook' see
the light of the day. I sure that now, with the 2.0 final, things will
change to better.

Meanwhile we where trying to use Bob Fleischman excellent article "A
well-behaved Jetspeed portlet"
http://www.javaworld.com/javaworld/jw-11-2004/jw-1129-jetspeed-p1.html to
get a deeper knowledge.

It helped a lot to elucidate some concepts and the architecture of
Jeetspeed. But we couldnĀ“t implement the portlet. All seems ok, no error in
the screen or in the logs, but the portlet always shows only the title bar.
Does one need to hardcode some parameters inside the portlet file or
something?

Thanks,

Carlos Henrique

RE: A well-behaved Jetspeed portlet

Posted by Bob Fleischman <bo...@mindspring.com>.
Dear Carlos:

I'm glad to hear you enjoy the article. It was written with Jetspeed 1.6 so
I am not sure if 1.5 is a problem.

Have you loaded the xreg files as directed? They contain some default data.

All the best

Bob