Posted to users@marmotta.apache.org by Fabian Cretton <Fa...@hevs.ch> on 2014/09/19 14:29:39 UTC

Rép. : Re: Marmotta (Kiwi) - multiple repositories

Thank you Sergio,

>> Or is it the case where the described "Multiple instances" in [1]
comes into play ?

>No, with "multiple instances" there we refer to multiple Marmotta full

>instances, each one using its dedicated database.

But this was my meaning: if two distinct 'repositories' are needed,
then playing with "Multiple instances" is the current way to go (i.e
have two full instances of Marmotta) ?

Thanks
Fabian

>>> Sergio Fernández<wi...@apache.org> 18.09.2014 07:52 >>>
Hi Fabian,

On 17/09/14 14:01, Fabian Cretton wrote:
> Is it possible to create multiple repositories in Marmotta (Kiwi) ?
This feature for exemple exists in Sesame/OWLIM, and allows managing
multiple "stores" within one instance.

Right know the KiWi triplestore requires a dedicated database. Early
this year we have a similar request by a user (CCed):

   https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/MARMOTTA-430

But AFAIK was never really evaluated or implemented. Maybe Sebastian
could update us about the actual conclusions.

> Or is it the case where the described "Multiple instances" in [1]
comes into play ?

No, with "multiple instances" there we refer to multiple Marmotta full

instances, each one using its dedicated database.

Cheers,

--
Sergio Fernández
Partner Technology Manager

Re: Rép. : Re: Marmotta (Kiwi) - multiple repositories

Posted by Sergio Fernández <wi...@apache.org>.
On 19/09/14 14:29, Fabian Cretton wrote:
> But this was my meaning: if two distinct 'repositories' are needed,
> then playing with "Multiple instances" is the current way to go (i.e
> have two full instances of Marmotta) ?

Currently yes.