Posted to taglibs-user@tomcat.apache.org by Ken C Eitelman <ei...@us.ibm.com> on 2002/04/03 21:43:38 UTC

class generation in the exaples

I downloaded the jstl-beta1 taglibs.  I'm trying to deploy the
standard-examples.war in order to see how the tags work so that I may apply
them.  Firstly, the web.xml gets a load error after I try to run it in IBM
WebSphere.  Should this just be a deploy and run .war, or is there somthing
I need to change?  Secondly, I cant seem to find the startup.init file that
was mentioned in some of the source.  Without having the proper classes
created, I dont think the examples would work very well anyway.

Keep in mind this is my first crack at working with TagLibs from a
development point of view.  It's a good chance that I am just missing
little things, but any information I can get to get me up and running in
WebSphere would be fantastic.

I'm hoping to get these working in some examples for beginning users.  It
will get this library into a venue where many other users will pick up on
it and pass on the knowledge (ideally)  ;-)

Ken Eitelman
Software Engineer
IBM -- WebSphere Site Developer Group
(919)254-4953     503/H217
eitelk@us.ibm.com

Re: class generation in the exaples

Posted by Shawn Bayern <ba...@essentially.net>.
On Wed, 3 Apr 2002, Ken C Eitelman wrote:

> I downloaded the jstl-beta1 taglibs.  I'm trying to deploy the
> standard-examples.war in order to see how the tags work so that I may
> apply them.  Firstly, the web.xml gets a load error after I try to run
> it in IBM WebSphere.  Should this just be a deploy and run .war, or is
> there somthing I need to change?

The standard-examples.war is indeed meant to work out of the box, although
I haven't had the resources yet to be able to test it in multiple
commercial containers.  If you could post the actual error that you're
getting, that would be very useful.  Thanks,

> Secondly, I cant seem to find the startup.init file that was mentioned
> in some of the source.  Without having the proper classes created, I
> dont think the examples would work very well anyway.

I'm not sure I follow; no JSTL source code mentions a 'startup.init' file.

--
Shawn Bayern
Author, "JSP Standard Tag Library"  http://www.jstlbook.com