Posted to users@activemq.apache.org by Lars <la...@six.se> on 2006/11/15 14:13:43 UTC

ObjectMessage serialization

Hello,

I have tried the defer object serialization on ActiveMq 4.0.1, 4.0.2 and 4.1
snapshots but my objects
are still serialized.

I run an broker embedded and a vm connection that works fine except for the
serialization issue.

Has anyone succeded with this setting?

Regards
Lars Krog-Jensen

Re: ObjectMessage serialization

Posted by Lars <la...@six.se>.
Hello,

I have tried setting the property on both the connection factory and the
connection:

ActiveMQConnectionFactory(user, pwd, "vm://localhost");
connectionFactory.setUseAsyncSend(true);
connectionFactory.setObjectMessageSerializationDefered(true);
connectionFactory.setCopyMessageOnSend(false);

_connection = connectionFactory.createConnection();
((ActiveMQConnection
)_connection).setObjectMessageSerializationDefered(true);

but neither way is it working. This connection is used to produce and
comsume messages.

To make things even more strange is that if remote clients access
the broker and receives the ObjectMessage, the received object is always
NULL
when objectMessageSerializationDefered == true, and is working as expected
when
objectMessageSerializationDefered == false.

To make things clear, I expect serialization on the remote client anyhow,
but not on the
local, embedded, client (producer and consumer).

The broker is configured as follows:
 _broker = new BrokerService();
 _broker.setPersistent(false);
 _broker.addConnector("vm://localhost");
 _broker.addConnector("tcp://localhost:61616");

Lars

Posted by James Strachan <ja...@gmail.com>.

On 11/15/06, Lars <la...@six.se> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I have tried the defer object serialization on ActiveMq 4.0.1, 4.0.2 and 4.1
> snapshots but my objects
> are still serialized.
>
> I run an broker embedded and a vm connection that works fine except for the
> serialization issue.
>
> Has anyone succeded with this setting?
>
> Regards
> Lars Krog-Jensen