Posted to modperl@perl.apache.org by Hans de Groot <ha...@dandy.nl> on 2006/11/15 00:52:14 UTC

Is there also a way to count the bytes received?

Hi,

It's me again with more impossible questions.

I am logging the bytes sent to a database, I would also like to log the
bytes received is there any small chance this can be done?

regards,

Hans de Groot

Re: Is there also a way to count the bytes received?

Posted by Fred Moyer <fr...@redhotpenguin.com>.
Hans de Groot wrote:
> Hi,
>
> It's me again with more impossible questions.
>
> I am logging the bytes sent to a database, I would also like to log the
> bytes received is there any small chance this can be done?

You could probably do this with an input filter if I am understanding
your question correctly.  Capture the number of bytes which the filter
processes and log it to the database.

http://perl.apache.org/docs/2.0/user/handlers/filters.html#Stream_oriented_Input_Filters

For more details on filters see Geoff's excellent presentations on
filters - http://www.modperlcookbook.org/~geoff/

HTH

Fred

Re: Is there also a way to count the bytes received?

Posted by Srebrenko Sehic <ss...@gmail.com>.
> I am logging the bytes sent to a database, I would also like to log the
> bytes received is there any small chance this can be done?

AFAIK, not in mod_perl. However, you can do it with an Apache module
and save the data via eg. r->notes for mod_perl.