Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Mingliang Liu <li...@gmail.com> on 2008/04/22 07:38:11 UTC

Is now a proper time for me to take use of Struts2.1?

Half of a year is a long time for Struts2.1 developing and I just wonder
whether it's proper to use struts2.1-from svn?

thanks!

Re: Is now a proper time for me to take use of Struts2.1?

Posted by Laurie Harper <la...@holoweb.net>.
Mingliang Liu wrote:
> Half of a year is a long time for Struts2.1 developing and I just wonder
> whether it's proper to use struts2.1-from svn?

If you're considering using a non-release version of Struts, you'd be
well advised to monitor the dev list so you are aware of current status
and timelines, any known issues you may run into, etc. That said, there
is a 2.1.1 test build available [1] which you could use rather than
building from svn. Feedback on the test build -- especially positive
feedback ("it's working well for me...") -- will help with moving the
release process forward.

L.

[1] http://www.nabble.com/-s2--Test-build-of-2.1.1-available-p16748800.html