Posted to dev@flink.apache.org by Zhu Zhu <re...@gmail.com> on 2020/09/02 12:19:12 UTC

[DISCUSS] Releasing Flink 1.11.2

Hi All,

It has been about 1 month since we released Flink 1.11.1. It's not too far
but
we already have more than 80 resolved improvements/bugs in the release-1.11
branch. Some of them are quite critical. Therefore, I propose to create the
next
bugfix release 1.11.2 for Flink 1.11.

Most noticeable fixes are:
- FLINK-18769 MiniBatch doesn't work with FLIP-95 source
- FLINK-18902 Cannot serve results of asynchronous REST operations in
per-job mode
- FLINK-18682 Vector orc reader cannot read Hive 2.0.0 table
- FLINK-18608 CustomizedConvertRule#convertCast drops nullability
- FLINK-18646 Managed memory released check can block RPC thread
- FLINK-18993 Invoke sanityCheckTotalFlinkMemory method incorrectly in
JobManagerFlinkMemoryUtils.java
- FLINK-18663 RestServerEndpoint may prevent server shutdown
- FLINK-18595 Deadlock during job shutdown
- FLINK-18581 Cannot find GC cleaner with java version previous
jdk8u72(-b01)
- FLINK-17075 Add task status reconciliation between TM and JM

Furthermore, I think the following blocker issue should be merged before
1.11.2 release

- FLINK-19121 Avoid accessing HDFS frequently in HiveBulkWriterFactory

I would volunteer as the release manager and kick off the release process.
What do you think?

Please let me know if there are any concerns or any missing blocker issues
need to be fixed in 1.11.2.

Thanks,
Zhu Zhu

Re: [DISCUSS] Releasing Flink 1.11.2

Posted by Zhu Zhu <re...@gmail.com>.
Hi All,

Just an update.
All known blockers are resolved and I'm starting to create RC1 for release
1.11.2.

Thanks,
Zhu

Zhu Zhu <re...@gmail.com> 于2020年9月9日周三 上午11:36写道:

Posted by Zhu Zhu <re...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Jingsong Li <ji...@gmail.com>.
Hi Zhu Zhu,

--
Best, Jingsong Lee

Re: [DISCUSS] Releasing Flink 1.11.2

Posted by Jingsong Li <ji...@gmail.com>.
Hi Zhu Zhu,

--
Best, Jingsong Lee

Re: [DISCUSS] Releasing Flink 1.11.2

Posted by Zhu Zhu <re...@gmail.com>.
Hi All,

Posted by Zhu Zhu <re...@gmail.com>.
@Dawid

Posted by Till Rohrmann <tr...@apache.org>.

Posted by Dawid Wysakowicz <dw...@apache.org>.

Posted by Zhu Zhu <re...@gmail.com>.
Thanks for the inputs!

Posted by Congxian Qiu <qc...@gmail.com>.
Hi

Posted by "Zhou, Brian" <B....@dell.com>.
Hi,

Posted by Becket Qin <be...@gmail.com>.
Hi Zhuzhu,

Posted by Zhu Zhu <re...@gmail.com>.
Thank you all for the inputs!

Posted by Zhijiang <wa...@aliyun.com.INVALID>.
Thanks for launching this discussion and volunteering as the release manager.
+1 on my side and I am willing to provide any help during the release procedure, :)

Best,
Zhijiang

From:Konstantin Knauf <kn...@apache.org>
Send Time:2020年9月2日(星期三) 23:44
To:dev <de...@flink.apache.org>
Cc:khachatryan.roman <kh...@gmail.com>

Posted by Konstantin Knauf <kn...@apache.org>.

Posted by Till Rohrmann <tr...@apache.org>.
Thanks a lot for starting this discussion Zhu Zhu and for volunteering as
the release manager. Big +1 for creating the next 1.11 bug fix release. I
think we already collected quite a bit of fixes which our users will
benefit from.

For the pending fixes, I would suggest setting a soft deadline (maybe until
beginning of next week) and then starting to cut the release (given that no
other blocker issues pop up). Maybe we are able to resolve the issues even
earlier which would allow us to cut the release also earlier.

From my side I would like to include FLINK-18959 in the release. But it is

Posted by David Anderson <da...@alpinegizmo.com>.