Posted to users@isis.apache.org by Dan Haywood <da...@haywood-associates.co.uk> on 2018/03/25 10:34:46 UTC

[ANNOUNCE] New Committer - Johan Doornenbal

I'm delighted to announce that Johan Doornenbal has been voted in as a
committer on Apache Isis, and also as a member of the Isis PMC.  The first
gives Johan the right to commit changes directly to the Apache Isis
codebase, the second gives him the right to be involved in future votes.

Johan has an abundance of real-world experience in using the framework for
delivering business solutions.  He's been working with Jeroen and I for
several years now on Estatio [1], and is now responsible for specifying and
implementing the great proportion of the new functionality of that app.

For Apache Isis he contributed an extended version of the PetClinic
tutorial [2], and in terms of code has provided numerous contributions to
the companion Incode Platform, most notably for the Excel module [4] and on
a integration with mailchimp.  Informally he's provided great insight and
feedback on new features for the framework, the most recent example being
the implementation of checkboxes for parented collections [4].

I've really enjoyed working with Johan over the last few years, and I'm
very pleased he's joining as a committer and onto the PMC; he'll be a great
addition to our team.  Please join me in welcoming him to our happy band!

Dan Haywood
Apache Isis Committer

[1] http://github.com/estatio/estatio
[2]
http://isis.apache.org/versions/1.13.2/guides/tg.html#3.-pet-clinic-(extended)
[3] http://platform.incode.org/modules/lib/excel/lib-excel.html
[4]
http://isis.apache.org/guides/rgant/rgant.html#_rgant-Action_associateWith

Re: [ANNOUNCE] New Committer - Johan Doornenbal

Posted by Rosco Kalis <ro...@gmail.com>.
Congratulations Johan, exciting stuff!

Rosco

Posted by Rosco Kalis <ro...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Bilgin Ibryam <bi...@gmail.com>.
Johan, welcome on board.

Posted by Stephen Cameron <st...@gmail.com>.
My congratulation Johan

Posted by Kevin Meyer <ke...@kmz.co.za>.
Welcome, Johan!

Posted by Kevin Meyer <ke...@kmz.co.za>.
Welcome, Johan!

Posted by Bilgin Ibryam <bi...@gmail.com>.
Johan, welcome on board.

Posted by Johan Doornenbal <jd...@incode.org>.
Thanks everybody!

On Sun, 25 Mar 2018 at 20:58, Patrick Pliessnig <p....@gmx.net> wrote:

> Hey Johan
>
> It's great to know you on board the committer's team.
> I trust you bring in yet another colour to one of the most exciting
> software journeys I've ever seen.
>
> Patrick
>

> Am 25.03.2018 um 12:34 schrieb Dan Haywood:
> > I'm delighted to announce that Johan Doornenbal has been voted in as a
> > committer on Apache Isis, and also as a member of the Isis PMC.  The
> first
> > gives Johan the right to commit changes directly to the Apache Isis
> > codebase, the second gives him the right to be involved in future votes.
> >
> > Johan has an abundance of real-world experience in using the framework
> for
> > delivering business solutions.  He's been working with Jeroen and I for
> > several years now on Estatio [1], and is now responsible for specifying
> and
> > implementing the great proportion of the new functionality of that app.
> >
> > For Apache Isis he contributed an extended version of the PetClinic
> > tutorial [2], and in terms of code has provided numerous contributions to
> > the companion Incode Platform, most notably for the Excel module [4] and
> on
> > a integration with mailchimp.  Informally he's provided great insight and
> > feedback on new features for the framework, the most recent example being
> > the implementation of checkboxes for parented collections [4].
> >
> > I've really enjoyed working with Johan over the last few years, and I'm
> > very pleased he's joining as a committer and onto the PMC; he'll be a
> great
> > addition to our team.  Please join me in welcoming him to our happy band!
> >
> > Dan Haywood
> > Apache Isis Committer
> >
> > [1] http://github.com/estatio/estatio
> > [2]
> >
> http://isis.apache.org/versions/1.13.2/guides/tg.html#3.-pet-clinic-(extended)
> > [3] http://platform.incode.org/modules/lib/excel/lib-excel.html
> > [4]
> >
> http://isis.apache.org/guides/rgant/rgant.html#_rgant-Action_associateWith
> >

> --
Met vriendelijke groet,
Kind regards,

Johan Doornenbal
+31 (0) 6 227 666 28

Re: [ANNOUNCE] New Committer - Johan Doornenbal

Posted by Patrick Pliessnig <p....@gmx.net>.
Hey Johan

Posted by Andi Huber <ah...@apache.org>.
Welcome on board Johan.