Posted to dev@calcite.apache.org by Gavin Ray <ra...@gmail.com> on 2022/02/26 16:43:00 UTC

Where in Calcite do I add support for decoding more types from JDBC results? JavaTypeFactoryImpl?

I am trying to fix an error that occurs when de-serializing Avatica
ResultSets that contains rows of type "PGObject":

https://jdbc.postgresql.org/documentation/publicapi/org/postgresql/util/PGobject.html
"PGobject is a class used to describe unknown types An unknown type is any
type that is unknown by JDBC Standards."

Where is the proper place to put this if the intent is to submit a PR?
Have been looking for a while, it seems like it might be the
JavaTypeFactoryImpl but I'm not certain.

This would provide support for the Postgres JSON, geospatial, and money
types

Thank you =)