Posted to torque-user@db.apache.org by Alexandru Dovlecel <al...@siemens.com> on 2004/03/30 19:31:51 UTC

Feature proposal / Hibernate

Hi again,

What would you think of an attribute readonly of type boolean. Using this
attribute on a table will result in generating only getter methods and no
setter methods at all.

I think this feature is also present in Hibernate. Do you think is usefull?

BTW, have you ever used hibernate? Is it better that torque? I am right now
learning about using O/M tools, so I have to find which is better and why.
Do you have other proposals?

Thanks,
Alex

Re: Feature proposal / Hibernate

Posted by Scott Eade <se...@backstagetech.com.au>.
Alexandru Dovlecel wrote:

>What would you think of an attribute readonly of type boolean. Using this
>attribute on a table will result in generating only getter methods and no
>setter methods at all.
>
>I think this feature is also present in Hibernate. Do you think is usefull?

Patches are welcome :-)

>BTW, have you ever used hibernate? Is it better that torque? I am right now
>learning about using O/M tools, so I have to find which is better and why.
>Do you have other proposals?

I personally haven't used Hibernate yet but I hear good things about
it.  No doubt each is good for different needs.

Scott

--
Scott Eade
Backstage Technologies Pty. Ltd.