Posted to dev@tika.apache.org by Ravi Kishan Telu <ra...@tvarana.com> on 2015/10/13 07:55:48 UTC

Issue with tika-core & tika-parsers

Hi Support Team,

I have an issue with *tika-core* & *tika-parsers* jar but while using
*tika-app* jar *pdf, doc, docx,* etc files are being parsed but here in my
requirement i cannot use *tika-app *jar file as i am getting *NO SUCH FIELD
: INSTANCE* error due to the conflicts between (Amazon) AWS jars and Apache
as both the jars contain common packages. But If i use *tika-core &
tika-parsers* jar few files are being parsed but i am unable to extract pdf
content.

Can you please suggest me how to resolve the issue or else whether i can
find any other jar where i can achieve my requirement.

Thank you.

--

*Regards,*
*Telu Ravi Kishan*

Re: Issue with tika-core & tika-parsers

Posted by Nick Burch <ni...@apache.org>.
On 13/10/15 06:55, Ravi Kishan Telu wrote:
> I have an issue with *tika-core* & *tika-parsers* jar but while using
> *tika-app* jar *pdf, doc, docx,* etc files are being parsed but here in my
> requirement i cannot use *tika-app *jar file as i am getting *NO SUCH FIELD
> : INSTANCE* error due to the conflicts between (Amazon) AWS jars and Apache
> as both the jars contain common packages. But If i use *tika-core &
> tika-parsers* jar few files are being parsed but i am unable to extract pdf
> content.

Tika Parsers has dependencies, did you make sure you included those?

Otherwise, try following the instructions on the troubleshooting page:
http://wiki.apache.org/tika/Troubleshooting%20Tika

Nick