Posted to dev@cocoon.apache.org by Antonio Gallardo <ag...@agssa.net> on 2004/11/02 00:40:37 UTC

Release 2.1.6 (was: Re: Switching rhino implementation)

Pier Fumagalli dijo:
> On 1 Nov 2004, at 23:22, Stefano Mazzocchi wrote:
>
>> Reinhard Poetz wrote:
>>
>>> I'm going to integrate the new Rhino+cont implementation in the next
>>> few days and plan to support the old and the new implementation, at
>>> least in 2.1. I wonder ...
>>
>> Jesus, what happened to the release early and often paradigm? 2.1.6
>> has been in the making foreeeeeeeeever. Can we get that sucker out of
>> the door or we have to fix all the bugs before we do? and that will
>> never happen anyway.
>
> I tend to agree w/ Stefano... I need to run VNUNET on a mix of 2.1.5
> and a bunch of patches that have only been committed to HEAD :-(

The task is "easy", we need to merge only few files before the release:

http://wiki.apache.org/cocoon/MergingBranches

I think after that we can finally release. ;-)

WDYT?

Best Regards,

Antonio Gallardo.

RE: Release 2.1.6 (was: Re: Switching rhino implementation)

Posted by Carsten Ziegeler <cz...@apache.org>.
Antonio Gallardo wrote:

> The task is "easy", we need to merge only few files before
> the release:
>
> http://wiki.apache.org/cocoon/MergingBranches
>
> I think after that we can finally release. ;-)
>
> WDYT?

Exactly my thoughts - although I have the feeling that some things
have only been added to trunk which should also have gone to 2.1.x...

Anyways, it seems that we are not that interested in merging everything
back from the trunk to the branch, so we can even release without
merging everything. I will have some time next friday to prepare
a release candidate, so I suggest we use whatever is available next
friday.
If noone objects I will put it up to a public place next friday,
we can test it and then release one week later.

Carsten