Posted to httpclient-users@hc.apache.org by Rob Griffin <Ro...@quest.com> on 2017/04/04 02:44:04 UTC

BasicFuture get() implementation doesn't handle cancellation

Hi,

The Javadoc for Future.get() states:

	V get() throws InterruptedException, ExecutionException, TimeoutException

	Waits if necessary for the computation to complete, and then retrieves its result.

	Returns:
		the computed result
	Throws:
		CancellationException - if the computation was cancelled
		ExecutionException - if the computation threw an exception
		InterruptedException - if the current thread was interrupted while waiting

But when I look at the implementation of the get method in org.apache.http.concurrent.BasicFuture it doesn't throw a CancellationException which seems wrong to me. Sure I can call isCancelled() after get() returns but I shouldn't need to.

Regards,

Rob Griffin
Software Analyst, Spotlight Enterprise
Quest | R&D

Re: BasicFuture get() implementation doesn't handle cancellation

Posted by Oleg Kalnichevski <ol...@apache.org>.
On Tue, 2017-04-04 at 02:44 +0000, Rob Griffin wrote:
> Hi,
>
> The Javadoc for Future.get() states:
>
> 	V get() throws InterruptedException, ExecutionException,
> TimeoutException
>
> 	Waits if necessary for the computation to complete, and then
> retrieves its result.
>
> 	Returns:�
> 		the computed result�
> 	Throws:�
> 		CancellationException - if the computation was
> cancelled�
> 		ExecutionException - if the computation threw an
> exception�
> 		InterruptedException - if the current thread was
> interrupted while waiting�
>
> But when I look at the implementation of the get method in
> org.apache.http.concurrent.BasicFuture it doesn't throw a
> CancellationException which seems wrong to me. Sure I can call
> isCancelled() after get() returns but I shouldn't need to.�

Please raise a JIRA for this defect.

Oleg