Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Jason Long <ha...@yahoo.com.INVALID> on 2023/09/24 17:54:53 UTC

[users@httpd] Apache on the different platforms

Hello,If a vulnerability is found in the Apache web server, then does that vulnerability work both in Apache under Linux and Windows operating systems?

Thank you.

Re: [users@httpd] Apache on the different platforms

Posted by Gregory Kuzmicki <gr...@gmail.com>.
After working over ten years on Apache systems, many different distros,
many different OS's and vers., I can say that more than anything my biggest
vulnerability has been the ever-changing landscape of the internet itself,
constant updates and browser changes, and continuous EOL and lack of
product support.

Nevetheless, I try to preserve the technology that works. A good firewall
and smart policies go a long way. I also use nmap to continuously monitor
networks and custom scripts for alerts and other recognitions.

Greg

--
Sent from my iPhone

Re: [users@httpd] Apache on the different platforms

Posted by Frank Gingras <th...@apache.org>.
Greg,

The question was aimed at the original poster.

Posted by Gregory Kuzmicki <gr...@gmail.com>.
8:38 PM EDT (Sunday)

--
Sent from my iPhone