Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Thierry Cools <th...@s1.com> on 2001/02/09 09:11:12 UTC

Redirect problem

Hi, I tried today the last nightly build of struts and test it on Weblogic 6.0
Everything seems to work fine now, except one last problem with the "RedirectTag", actually the code put in the ActionServlet class

  path = request.getContextPath() + path;
  response.sendRedirect(response.encodeRedirectURL(path));

works fine because of the "request.getContextPath()" call, but this is not implemented in the Redirect tag and make Weblogic fails when using this tag.

Could you please solve this last problem, so that Struts could work without any changes in Weblogic 6.0

Thanks,
Thierry

Thierry Cools

Senior Java Developer
S1 Brussels
Kleine Kloosterstraat, 23
1932 st. Stevens-Woluwe
Belgium
Tel : +32 2 200 43 82
Email : thierry.cools@s1.com

Re: Redirect problem

Posted by "Craig R. McClanahan" <Cr...@eng.sun.com>.
Thierry Cools wrote:

> Hi, I tried today the last nightly build of struts and test it on
> Weblogic 6.0Everything seems to work fine now, except one last problem
> with the "RedirectTag", actually the code put in the ActionServlet
> class   path = request.getContextPath() + path;
>   response.sendRedirect(response.encodeRedirectURL(path)); works fine
> because of the "request.getContextPath()" call, but this is not
> implemented in the Redirect tag and make Weblogic fails when using
> this tag. Could you please solve this last problem, so that Struts
> could work without any changes in Weblogic 6.0 Thanks,Thierry

The <logic:redirect> tag passes the "href" argument through unchanged
(other than possible URL rewriting for session id management.  However,
I've just added two other ways to specify the destination of the
redirect:

    <logic:redirect forward="forward-name"/>    Uses logical forward

    <logic:redirect page="/context/relative/path"/>

plus the ability to dynamically add query parameters to the generated
URL, in the same manner that the <html:link> tag operates.

Craig