Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by "Eric N. Moyer" <EM...@LibraryTech.Com> on 2002/03/28 16:12:15 UTC

where to put web app data file?

I am new to the Linux file structure.  If we have a web app that gives web
site visitors the ability to search one of our company data files, in what
directory would it be good to put the data file?  We have Apache installed
in /usr/local/apache.  The data file is static with respect to a search
session, but is maintained by a different web app that is supposed to be
accessible only from within the company, and that is the only other
application that must access the file.  Thanks.  -Eric

Regards,

Eric Moyer (EMoyer@LibraryTech.com)
Library Technologies, Inc.
2300 Computer Avenue, Suite D-19