Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by An...@gxs.com on 2008/04/01 17:48:41 UTC

Transport Out Error

Hi,

I am using Axis2 v 1.3 as a web service client. I am getting the following error. I have searched the archives and found some other people had this issue and it was due to missing dependent jars from classpath especially, commons-httpclient.jar. But, I verified that I have commons-httpclient-3.0.1.jar in my classpath.

Axis fault:"
org.apache.axis2.AxisFault: Transport out has not been set
        at org.apache.axis2.engine.AxisEngine.send(AxisEngine.java:383)
        at org.apache.axis2.description.OutInAxisOperationClient.send(OutInAxisOperation.java:374)
        at org.apache.axis2.description.OutInAxisOperationClient.executeImpl(OutInAxisOperation.java:211)
        at org.apache.axis2.client.OperationClient.execute(OperationClient.java:163)

I looked at the line where the above error is being thrown from Axis2. It seems like it is thrown when messageContext.getTransportOut() returns a null object. I have enabled debug logging for axis2 and it is showing that the Axis client I am using is getting the configuration from axis2_default.xml in axis2-kernal.jar. And, the default configuration file has the HTTP and HTTPS transport Outs set. The log files even show that this information is getting parsed.

Most importantly, the EAR deployment which packages my client as MDB, works fine in development...but won't work in QA. This leads me to believe there is a configuration issue. But, I cannot narrow down the issue. All the dependent jars are packaged as part of the EAR in APP-INF/lib/.

I will appreciate any help or ideas to resolve this issue.

Thanks,
Aneel

RE: Transport Out Error

Posted by An...@gxs.com.
I resolved my issue by using the following code:

TransportOutDescription transOut = new TransportOutDescription("http");
TransportSender sender = (TransportSender) new CommonsHTTPTransportSender();
transOut.setSender(sender);
Parameter param1 = new Parameter();
param1.setName("PROTOCOL");
param1.setValue("HTTP/1.1");

Parameter param2 = new Parameter();
param2.setName("Transfer-Encoding");
param2.setValue("chunked");

transOut.addParameter(param1);
transOut.addParameter(param2);

stub._getServiceClient().getOptions().setTransportOut(transOut);

Thanks,
Aneel

Posted by Michele Mazzucco <Mi...@ncl.ac.uk>.
Aneel,