Posted to user@hbase.apache.org by Amandeep Khurana <am...@gmail.com> on 2009/10/12 07:54:27 UTC

Re: SessionExpiredException: KeeperErrorCode = Session expired for /hbase

This shouldnt be causing your jobs to fail... These are just session expiry
warnings. New nodes will get created in zk and the jobs shouldnt be
interrupted.

Posted by Andrew Purtell <ap...@apache.org>.
If you mean by "localhost" standalone that you are running the master, one region server only, and a zookeeper quorum peer all on the same server and this is the sum of your HBase install, and then you are also running jobtracker, tasktracker, map and reducers etc. also on the same server, then you should expect the kind of the Zookeeper related exceptions you are seeing are because your system simply becomes too busy to support all of the necessary concurrent operation. Please read: http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/hadoop-hbase-user/200909.mbox/%3C644823.32878.qm@web65515.mail.ac4.yahoo.com%3E

  - Andy

________________________________
From: Andrew Purtell <ap...@apache.org>
To: hbase-user@hadoop.apache.org
Date: Monday, October 12, 2009, 12:33 AM

Do you really only have "localhost" as the value of hbase.zookeeper.quorum in your hbase-site.xml config file? Or perhaps no such entry at all? Or maybe hbase-site.xml is not on the classpath of the task trackers? Are you running an external ZooKeeper ensemble or is HBase managing it?

How many HBase masters? Region servers? Task trackers?

    - Andy

http://mail.yahoo.com

Re: SessionExpiredException: KeeperErrorCode = Session expired for /hbase

Posted by Something Something <lu...@yahoo.com>.