Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Shawn Heisey <ap...@elyograg.org> on 2016/10/01 14:17:54 UTC

Re: Permission error using install_solr_service script.sh

On 9/29/2016 3:42 AM, Yago Riveiro wrote:
> I'm having troubles to run the install_solr_service in Centos 7.2.
>
> I have this errors:
>
> -bash: /opt/usr/solr/bin/solr: Permission denied
> -bash: /opt/usr/solr/bin/solr: Permission denied
>
> the problematic line is the line 315 on install_solr_service.sh
>
> find "$SOLR_VAR_DIR" -type f -print0 | xargs -0 chmod 0640
>
> This line should set execution permissions to executable files, the
> permissions should be something like 750 to allow the user and the user
> group to run the scripts.

The var dir (which is usually in /var) does not contain anything that
needs the executable bit set.  The scripts that need to be executable
are in under the install dir and in etc/init.d/.

Are you running the install script as root?  It will need root
privileges to do everything it must do.  This looks like a case of the
user running the script not having the permission to change permissions.

Thanks,
Shawn

Re: Permission error using install_solr_service script.sh

Posted by Yago Riveiro <ya...@gmail.com>.
I was running the install into a vm, I deleted it and did a new provisioning. Now it woks.

The weird thing is that before delete the vm I ran a chmod over that files and the install finished without that errors.

--

/Yago Riveiro

Posted by Yago Riveiro <ya...@gmail.com>.
And yes, I executed the script as root using the /opt folder as install folder