Posted to dev@harmony.apache.org by Oliver Deakin <ol...@googlemail.com> on 2010/06/01 13:41:40 UTC

Re: [result] [vote] Declare r946978 as 5.0 milestone 14

On 27/05/2010 08:33, Mark Hindess wrote:
> +1 votes from Catherine, Oliver, Tim, Nathan and myself.  No other
> votes, so the vote passes.
>
> Thanks for testing the artefacts and voting.
>
> The federated build trunk is now open for commits again but the java6
> branch will remain frozen until the 6.0M2 vote is concluded.
>
> I have uploaded binaries created from the signed sources to:
>
>    http://people.apache.org/~hindessm/rc/5.0/M14/
>
> Please sanity check these artefacts.  #

I unpacked the binaries for Windows x86 and ran the tests on them and it
looks good to me. Had a little look through the tree just to make sure
there wasn't anything obviously wrong and didn't see anything unusual.

Regards,
Oliver

--
Oliver Deakin
Unless stated otherwise above:

Re: [result] [vote] Declare r946978 as 5.0 milestone 14

Posted by Tim Ellison <t....@gmail.com>.
On 01/Jun/2010 18:04, Mark Hindess wrote:
> In message <4C...@googlemail.com>, Oliver Deakin writes:
>> On 27/05/2010 08:33, Mark Hindess wrote:
>>> +1 votes from Catherine, Oliver, Tim, Nathan and myself.  No other
>>> votes, so the vote passes.
>>>
>>> Thanks for testing the artefacts and voting.
>>>
>>> The federated build trunk is now open for commits again but the
>>> java6 branch will remain frozen until the 6.0M2 vote is concluded.
>>>
>>> I have uploaded binaries created from the signed sources to:
>>>
>>>    http://people.apache.org/~hindessm/rc/5.0/M14/
>>>
>>> Please sanity check these artefacts.
>> I unpacked the binaries for Windows x86 and ran the tests on them and
>> it looks good to me. Had a little look through the tree just to make
>> sure
>
> Thanks Oliver.
>
>>> I plan to move these artefacts to the /dist/ tree for mirroring
>>> after 24 hours but please ask if you'd like more time.
>
> I'm not happy that there has been enough sanity checking of the releases
> yet so I've not moved the artefacts to the dist tree yet.
>
> Please can anyone (particularly PMC members who are supposed to be
> providing oversight for releases) sanity check them and report to the
> list?

Sanity checked ok for me -- took a long time to download them all though!

Just an observation.  Maybe we should not bother to include the
*-src.jar in the JREs.  We only include pdb's/.dbg's in the JDK, maybe
only include src in the JDK's too?

Regards,
Tim

Re: [result] [vote] Declare r946978 as 5.0 milestone 14

Posted by Mark Hindess <ma...@googlemail.com>.
In message <4C...@googlemail.com>, Oliver Deakin writes:

> On 27/05/2010 08:33, Mark Hindess wrote:
> > +1 votes from Catherine, Oliver, Tim, Nathan and myself.  No other
> > votes, so the vote passes.
> >
> > Thanks for testing the artefacts and voting.
> >
> > The federated build trunk is now open for commits again but the
> > java6 branch will remain frozen until the 6.0M2 vote is concluded.
> >
> > I have uploaded binaries created from the signed sources to:
> >
> >    http://people.apache.org/~hindessm/rc/5.0/M14/
> >
> > Please sanity check these artefacts.
>
> I unpacked the binaries for Windows x86 and ran the tests on them and
> it looks good to me. Had a little look through the tree just to make
> sure

Thanks Oliver.