Posted to dev@spamassassin.apache.org by Sidney Markowitz <si...@sidney.com> on 2010/05/25 23:27:00 UTC

Preparing for 3.3.2 release

Looking at what is necessary for a 3.3.2 release, I found some open bugs
with priority Blocker that I would like to see resolved. Most of them
are old bugs that could probably be closed. I closed one and posted
comments on the other. Devs, please search for open blocker bugs and see
if you have anything to add, especially if it is your agreement on any
of the bugs that they can be closed.

Bug 6419 is a current one that is in Review status and needs a couple of
votes. It was marked [review] in the summary but the whiteboard had ot
been updated to call for votes so it may have slipped your notice like
it did mine. Please review and vote on it. I hope to be able to do that
late tonight my time.

Other that Bug 6419, a search for summary contains [review] and status
new, assigned, or reopened, results in 19 hits. I didn't filter them on
target milestone, but I would like it if committers would scan through
to see if there are any that you can add a vote to so we can get as many
into a 3.3.2 release as possible. I'll do that tonight also.

If any of those bugs that are in review don't get the votes then I'll
look over what is left to propose which can be postponed to a possible
3.3.3 release.

If there's any progress with this over the next couple days I can see
about moving on with the release process this weekend.

 Sidney

Re: Preparing for 3.3.2 release

Posted by Adam Katz <an...@khopis.com>.
On 05/25/2010 07:37 PM, Sidney Markowitz wrote:
> Adam 6299 Update, enhance, and expand RCVD_ILLEGAL_IP

Committed to trunk and branch.

Re: Preparing for 3.3.2 release

Posted by Sidney Markowitz <si...@sidney.com>.
It looks like a number of bugs were recently re-targeted from 3.3.1 to
3.4.0 with a comment about targetting them to 3.3.2. Or they were
retargeted from 3.3.2 to 3.4.0 without a comment as part of triage in
preparation for a 3.3.2 release. I seem to recall someone doing the
latter. Maybe Mark? Or is it a mistake in targetting them to 3.3.2? I'm
confused because at least some of it happened when we for a short time
had a bug that caused all the retargeted bugs to get put into the
security group and then have to be moved back out.

Does anyone know for sure what the situation is with those bugs?

Re: Preparing for 3.3.2 release

Posted by Sidney Markowitz <si...@sidney.com>.
There are only five bugs in review status needing votes that are
targeted for 3.3.2, and another three ready for commit. The remaining 11
bugs in review are old ones that were committed to trunk before the 3.3
branch.

Here are the five waiting for votes

6419 SpamD/SpamC report email as not spam but also reports Hits =
Required Threshold

6362 Change (urirhssub) mask syntax to netmask

6403 RCVD_IN_PBL matches legitimate GMail mails sent through SMTP (not web)

6415 Open of auto-whitelist file failed: Insecure dependency in eval...

5924 cross-sign GPG keys, have an official SA keyring

Here are the three that are ready to commit with the name of the dev who
took care of the commit to trunk:

Justin 6241 mkrules does not understand newer options and 'else'
Adam 6299 Update, enhance, and expand RCVD_ILLEGAL_IP
Mark 6416 Avoid warnings in AutoWhitelist when Received header is bad or
misparsed

Re: Preparing for 3.3.2 release

Posted by "Kevin A. McGrail" <KM...@PCCC.com>.
> Are we ready to declare no more releases on the 3.2 branch so we can
> close all remaining 3.2 only bugs as WONTFIX?

+1

KAM

Re: Preparing for 3.3.2 release

Posted by Sidney Markowitz <si...@sidney.com>.
Kevin A. McGrail wrote, On 26/05/10 10:09 AM:
> So when you changed 6419, were you voting +1 on it hence
> it only needs 1 more vote?

Needs 2 votes. I didn't have time to look at it, just noticed that the
whiteboard needed updating. I hope to get to it tonight.

> On bug 5813, should that vote be restarted against the 3.3 branch and
> require a new patch?

Oh, I just searched for open bugs marked for [review] but that brings up
a good point: Bug 5813 was committed to trunk before 3.3 was branched.
It is fixed in 3.3 branch already. That means that some number of the 19
open [review] bugs are for 3.2 only.

Posted by "Kevin A. McGrail" <KM...@PCCC.com>.
On 5/25/2010 5:27 PM, Sidney Markowitz wrote:
> Looking at what is necessary for a 3.3.2 release, I found some open bugs
> with priority Blocker that I would like to see resolved. Most of them
> are old bugs that could probably be closed. I closed one and posted
> comments on the other. Devs, please search for open blocker bugs and see
> if you have anything to add, especially if it is your agreement on any
> of the bugs that they can be closed.
>
> Bug 6419 is a current one that is in Review status and needs a couple of
> votes. It was marked [review] in the summary but the whiteboard had ot
> been updated to call for votes so it may have slipped your notice like
> it did mine. Please review and vote on it. I hope to be able to do that
> late tonight my time.
>
> Other that Bug 6419, a search for summary contains [review] and status
> new, assigned, or reopened, results in 19 hits. I didn't filter them on
> target milestone, but I would like it if committers would scan through
> to see if there are any that you can add a vote to so we can get as many
> into a 3.3.2 release as possible. I'll do that tonight also.
>
> If any of those bugs that are in review don't get the votes then I'll
> look over what is left to propose which can be postponed to a possible
> 3.3.3 release.
>
> If there's any progress with this over the next couple days I can see
> about moving on with the release process this weekend.
>
>   Sidney

Sidney,

On 6419, that was my fault on the whiteboard.  Anyway, I think my vote
is implicit.  So when you changed 6419, were you voting +1 on it hence
it only needs 1 more vote?

On bug 5813, should that vote be restarted against the 3.3 branch and
require a new patch?

Otherwise, I'm looking at all the [review] bugs per your recommendation.

Regards,
KAM

Re: Preparing for 3.3.2 release

Posted by Daniel Lemke <le...@jam-software.com>.

Sidney Markowitz wrote:

> If there's any progress with this over the next couple days I can see
> about moving on with the release process this weekend.

Is there a rough guess for release of 3.3.2?