Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by hussayn <hu...@saxess.com> on 2008/09/09 22:59:59 UTC

Where can i find the basic cocoon-2.2 configuration properties ?

Hi;

Hi;

I am now flipping through the cocoon-2.2 documentation since a whole day now
and i learned a lot about basic configuration and such. I found many
advices, how to configure, But not a single information about WHAT i can
configure and HOW to do it in particular.

Oh, and guess, what ? when i googled for "cocoon 2.2 tutorial" i found 6(!)
out of the first 10 entries pointing to my own "absolute beginners video
tutorial" which i posted a few weeks ago. That made me
thinking a bit...

Oh i love cocoon in general, and i want to understand cocoon-2.2, which
looks like a great advance... Hey, it is soooo great to see, that cocoon
supports dev,test,production environments, there is a spring configurator
available, wow!!! But what shall i feed in ? Where are the cocoon properties
themselve defined, declared, described ?

The(!) question:                 "I WANT TO USE COCOON!!!  HOW  CAN  I
CONFIGURE  IT"

It all started when i tried to get rid of the file system checking tool (the
one, which tells cocoon, that a resource has changed i guess...). It
(probably it...) consumes my whole cpu-resources. I want to prepare for
production and clearly i won't release with 90% cpu load when the
application is idle. (No, there is no xsp or custom java classes involved,
just a simple XML/XSLT transformation which generates a form, so no
continuous processing in the background, could be done with a
trax-transformer-servlet)

So, should i return to cocoon-2.0 ????  Damn, NO, don't tell me that !!!

Please... is there anybody out there, who is able and willing to send me to
the right starting point ?
Shall i go to the sources ? Really ? Well, where would you advice me then to
start ? I would go top to bottom, starting at the cocoonServlet.java (or its
equivalent... where i started 6 years before when i learned all about
cocoon-2.0)

Oh, my god, i will have to take a break. Maybe tomorrow i get further,
and maybe meanwhile a helpfull soul pushes me forward ? ;-)

yours exhausted
hussayn