Posted to dev@drat.apache.org by Chris Mattmann <ma...@apache.org> on 2017/11/13 02:45:30 UTC

[DRAFT] Apache DRAT November 2017 Report

Hey Folks,

Here is the DRAT report I posted for this month. If there are any comments
please update directly in the agenda thread and discuss here first.

Thanks,

Chris

---

 - Apache DRAT is a distributed, parallelized (Map Reduce) wrapper

 around Apache RATâ„¢ and other code auditing tools to allow it to

 complete on large code repositories of multiple file types.

## Issues:

- There are no issues requiring board attention at this time.

## Activity:

 1. Working on design of DRAT website, can be seen here in drat #98 [1]

 2. Stood up DRAT VM (see INFRA-15304 [2]) and demo service of DRAT proteus,

    here: https://drat.apache.org/demo/ (evaluate one repo at a time), and

    here: https://drat.apache.org/asfgit/ (generated weekly, full DRAT runs

          and statistics for ALL of the ASF git repositories. Thanks to Chris

          Lambertus and infra for helping us get going there.

 3. In standing up DRAT on Ubuntu, we ran into some Apache OODT bugs in the

    recent 1.2 release, and are working with Apache OODT to roll a 1.2.1 that

    fixes these bugs. In addition we were able to harden DRAT a bit more as

    described in DRAT #100 [3] and #101 [4].

## Health report:

 - We've had some engagement from Wayne Burke who started a thread to figure

   out whether or not we wanted to create a #drat channel in ASF slack. Mattmann

   went ahead and created it after the thread on dev@drat.

 - Shivika Thapar and Nipurn Doshi are working on the website design as described

   in DRAT #98 [1].

 - Thejan Wijesinghe from Apache Tika's GSOC 2017 project has began testing DRAT and is

   filing tickets (e.g., DRAT #104 [5].

 - Phil Ottlinger of the Creadur community is checking out DRAT and wants to help with

   the website.

 - The project's activity is ramping up, but still remains a small set of folks working

   on it.

## PMC changes:

 - Currently 10 PMC members.

## Committer base changes:

 - Currently 10 committers.

 - No changes (the PMC was established in the last 3 months)

## Releases:

 - None yet

## Mailing list activity:

 - More emails being sent to the dev list, including commits, and issue

   activity from Github. A thread was started to discuss website development

   that linked to several Github issues. Now that we have our Proteus demo

   up at https://drat.apache.org/demo/, we expect more folks to check out

   and try DRAT. We also will begin shortly publishing weekly runs of Apache

   DRAT against all ASF Git repos at https://drat.apache.org/asfgit/. Both of

   these will likely generate more mailing list activity.

 - dev@drat.apache.org:

 - issues@drat.apache.org:

    - 10 subscribers (up 10 in the last 3 months)

[1] https://s.apache.org/EUKE

[3] https://s.apache.org/Bbiw

[4] https://s.apache.org/sr0N

[5] https://s.apache.org/Xkc8