Posted to user@lenya.apache.org by Keven Ages <ke...@fourthwallmedia.com> on 2006/05/12 20:42:52 UTC

Seperate Homepage/Secondary Pages

Hey all!

I know I've seen this before, either on the list or somewhere else but
can't for the life of me find it now.

Is there a way in Lenya, to make a homepage that looks totally different
then your inside pages?  A common web task...

Thanks in advance,

Keven

Re: Seperate Homepage/Secondary Pages

Posted by so...@apache.org.
On 5/12/06, Keven Ages <ke...@fourthwallmedia.com> wrote:
> I know I've seen this before, either on the list or somewhere else but can't
> for the life of me find it now.
> Is there a way in Lenya, to make a homepage that looks totally different
> then your inside pages?  A common web taskā€¦

The default publication already has the code to differentiate the
homepage from the content pages, but it is not apparent because the
default "page2xhtml-homepage.xsl" just imports the content XSL
"page2xhtml.xsl".

Customize {pub}/xslt/page2xhtml-homepage.xsl:
1. Delete the default "page2xhtml-homepage.xsl",
2. Copy your "page2xhtml.xsl" to "page2xhtml-homepage.xsl",
3. Remove the breadcrumb DIV (because it is meaningless on the homepage), and
4. Customize "page2xhtml-homepage.xsl" to your (or your boss's) satisfaction.

solprovider