Posted to dev@drill.apache.org by Ted Dunning <te...@gmail.com> on 2012/10/11 07:58:04 UTC

web site is on the way

I just pulled Gaganjuneja's very nicely done Drill web site into SVN and
filed the JIRA necessary to get the infra team to add our site to CMS.

That took very little time in the end.  Almost all the time was in chasing
around to find undocumented step(s).

For reference, any of our committers can do this.

The steps are:

1) check out the site from https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/drill/

2) make changes to the mark-down text under content/drill or change the
templates or style sheets.

3) commit the changes

4) go to the CMS management page: https://cms.apache.org/

5) stage your changes when they appear and publish the site.

The undocumented step is step 0 (see, I left it out, too) which involves
asking for the site to be put into CMS in the first place.  See
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/INFRA-5375 for our request.  That
request needs to contain the project name and a pointer to the SVN for a
properly laid out CMS micro-site.