Posted to dev@uima.apache.org by Marshall Schor <ms...@schor.com> on 2017/11/03 16:15:42 UTC

Re: some delay in getting uimaj-2.10.2 rc2 posted

There will be some delay in getting this posted.  Here are the issues:
1) the signing for Eclipse Jars was blocked, due to some authentication renewal
process.  (This just got cleared, and I was able to sign and confirm that
installing Eclipse no longer gives the message about installing unsigned things
when I tested.)

2) The uploading of Eclipse subsite is delayed while working out how the
"archiving" is to work in detail.

3) A plan for doing the archiving based on using the standard Apache mechanism
of relying on archive.apache.org is encountering a strange problem.  The url for
the eclipse update site: https://www.apache.org/dist/uima/eclipse-update site ,
shows in a chrome browser the directory of subsites.  The similar url for the
eclipse update site at the archive spot:
https://archive.apache.org/dist/uima/eclipse-update-site gives a message
"Document could not be loaded by browser.", which, when searched, says this is
due to a known issue but works with "firefox" browser.

Currently investigating...

Also, had to use 2 signing sets, because the process for uploading Jars to be
signed requires they all have different names, and by accident, we have a jar in
the Features directory with the exact same name as a Jar in the plugins
directory.  I'll put in a Jira to change this, going forward.

-Marshall