Posted to commits@spamassassin.apache.org by Apache Wiki <wi...@apache.org> on 2005/07/07 05:11:47 UTC

[Spamassassin Wiki] Update of "SpamdOnMacOsx" by BobMenschel

Dear Wiki user,

You have subscribed to a wiki page or wiki category on "Spamassassin Wiki" for change notification.

The following page has been changed by BobMenschel:
http://wiki.apache.org/spamassassin/SpamdOnMacOsx

The comment on the change is:
Created from Bug # 4224

New page:
= Running SpamD on Mac OS-X - Notes =

Michael Schwern posted to Bugzilla (Bug # 4224):

I've just hand-written the startup files necessary to get spamd to startup at
boot time on OS X.  This was after the nth time I'd restarted my laptop and
forgot to manually start up spamd and got an inbox of unfiltered mail.  I
figured others might find it useful and it could find a home in the spamd
directory with the other startup files.

The directory can be dropped into /Library/!StartupItems/ and spamd will load at
boot time.

The startup script simply runs "spamd" which should be robust enough for most
people.  Otherwise the script will have to be processed as part of the SA build
process.

This directory is attached as file SAspamd.tar.gz
----
CategoryInstall CategoryInstall