Posted to users@pdfbox.apache.org by Christian Heimes <ch...@cheimes.de> on 2009/05/15 19:40:36 UTC

PDFBox public key protection and Acrobat Reader

Hello!

I'm having trouble opening an encrypted PDF file with Adobe Acrobat
reader under Linux. I've encrypted an pdf from the tests directory with
a certificate from the tests directory:

   java -cp ... org.apache.pdfbox.Encrypt -certFile test1.der \
   FreedomExpressions.pdf FreedomExpressions.pdf.crypt.pdf

Although I was able to import the cert into Acroread via Document /
Manage Trusted Indentities, I'm not able to open the encrypted file.

How am I suppose to install the certificate in order to open an
encrypted PDF?

Thank you very much!

Christian Heimes