Posted to dev@bigtop.apache.org by Fomenko Anatoli <af...@yahoo.com> on 2012/06/29 08:09:31 UTC

Build missed curl failure

Hi,

While building the bigtop trunk, I met today the following problem
that apparently was caused by the build not picking up a curl failure
due to network outage/slowdown:

gzip: stdin: unexpected end of file
tar: Unexpected EOF in archive
tar: Unexpected EOF in archive
make: *** [/home/user/git/
bigtop/build/pig//.sdeb] Error 2

Perhaps, a build system update would make sense?

Thank you,
Anatoli Fomenko

Re: Build missed curl failure

Posted by Fomenko Anatoli <af...@yahoo.com>.
Hi Roman,

I would be delighted to work on Bigtop.

Let me look into this problem.

Thank you,
Anatoli

> While building the bigtop trunk, I met today the following problem
> that apparently was caused by the build not picking up a curl failure
> due to network outage/slowdown:
>
> gzip: stdin: unexpected end of file
> tar: Unexpected EOF in archive
> tar: Unexpected EOF in archive
> make: *** [/home/user/git/
> bigtop/build/pig//.sdeb] Error 2
>
> Perhaps, a build system update would make sense?

Yup. It would be useful to do something along the lines of MD5/SHA
comparison on the downloaded bits to avoid broken archives. Please
take a look at the JIRA and if there's nothing covering this scenario
enter one.

If you could also help us with the patch -- that'll be terrific!

Thanks,
Roman.

Re: Build missed curl failure

Posted by Roman Shaposhnik <rv...@apache.org>.