Posted to dev@roller.apache.org by Dave <sn...@gmail.com> on 2017/10/14 21:04:51 UTC

Roller 5.2.0-rc-4 available for review

I've prepared a fourth release candidate for Roller 5.2.0. This release is
primarily a bug fix release, with lots of fixes from Kohei and others. I
have created a release candidate which you can find here:

    https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/roller/roller-5.2/v5.2.0-rc-4/

And the list of issues resolved in 5.2.0 is here:

https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?projectId=12310906&version=12340980

Thanks again to Greg and Kohei for finding some issues in the previous RCs.
I believe I have fixed all the problems found so far. Here's what has
changed since rc-3:

   1.     Added missing Struts action names to struts.xml
   2.     Explicity list directories to be included in release (removes
   extraneous files)
   3.     Removed duplicate ROME fetcher dependency
   4.     Fixed Maven Resource "filtering" problem in roller.properties
   5.     Add missing log4j-core dependency, needed by Log4J2
   6.     Reduce Log4j2 logging level to "warn" for Struts2

I'm currently running this code on rollerweblogger.org and it seems to be
working well.

Please take a look when you get a chance and I will call for a vote in 3-4
days.

Thanks,
Dave

Re: Roller 5.2.0-rc-4 available for review

Posted by Glen Mazza <gl...@gmail.com>.
When I was about to deploy TightBlog on Linode, I noticed the Linode
terms (if I recall correctly) required any email sending system to
provide an ability for people who have signed up for something to
unsubscribe for what they signed up for, something quite reasonable that
I had overlooked in my Roller fork.  As a result, I had to make a patch
release of TB to provide an unsubscribe link in notification emails for
those who checked "notify me" for blog comments before I could deploy
it.  Roller may wish to add similar functionality in its own product, as
it is otherwise a show-stopper for hosting providers having similar
requirements.

Glen

Posted by Greg Huber <gr...@gmail.com>.
 Dave,

Went through and rechecked the allows as may have missed some from your
email on the re blog roll.  Just one more:

Method disable for action pings is not allowed!

Otherwise +1

Cheers Greg

Posted by Dave <sn...@gmail.com>.
Thanks Greg!