Posted to user@flink.apache.org by Jeff Zhang <zj...@gmail.com> on 2018/06/06 04:32:01 UTC

Can not run scala-shell in yarn mode in flink 1.5

I try to run scala-shell in yarn mode in 1.5, but hit the following error.
I can run it successfully in 1.4.2. It is the same even when I change the
mode to legacy.  Is this a known issue or something changed in 1.5 ? Thanks

Command I Use: bin/start-scala-shell.sh yarn -n 1

Starting Flink Shell:
2018-06-06 12:30:02,672 INFO
org.apache.flink.configuration.GlobalConfiguration            - Loading
configuration property: jobmanager.rpc.address, localhost
2018-06-06 12:30:02,673 INFO
org.apache.flink.configuration.GlobalConfiguration            - Loading
configuration property: jobmanager.rpc.port, 6123
2018-06-06 12:30:02,674 INFO
org.apache.flink.configuration.GlobalConfiguration            - Loading
configuration property: jobmanager.heap.mb, 1024
2018-06-06 12:30:02,674 INFO
org.apache.flink.configuration.GlobalConfiguration            - Loading
configuration property: taskmanager.heap.mb, 1024
2018-06-06 12:30:02,674 INFO
org.apache.flink.configuration.GlobalConfiguration            - Loading
configuration property: taskmanager.numberOfTaskSlots, 1
2018-06-06 12:30:02,674 INFO
org.apache.flink.configuration.GlobalConfiguration            - Loading
configuration property: parallelism.default, 1
2018-06-06 12:30:02,675 INFO
org.apache.flink.configuration.GlobalConfiguration            - Loading
configuration property: rest.port, 8081
Exception in thread "main" java.lang.UnsupportedOperationException: Can't
deploy a standalone cluster.
at
org.apache.flink.client.deployment.StandaloneClusterDescriptor.deploySessionCluster(StandaloneClusterDescriptor.java:57)
at
org.apache.flink.client.deployment.StandaloneClusterDescriptor.deploySessionCluster(StandaloneClusterDescriptor.java:31)
at
org.apache.flink.api.scala.FlinkShell$.deployNewYarnCluster(FlinkShell.scala:272)
at
org.apache.flink.api.scala.FlinkShell$.fetchConnectionInfo(FlinkShell.scala:164)
at
org.apache.flink.api.scala.FlinkShell$.liftedTree1$1(FlinkShell.scala:194)
at org.apache.flink.api.scala.FlinkShell$.startShell(FlinkShell.scala:193)
at org.apache.flink.api.scala.FlinkShell$.main(FlinkShell.scala:135)
at org.apache.flink.api.scala.FlinkShell.main(FlinkShell.scala)

Re: Can not run scala-shell in yarn mode in flink 1.5

Posted by Till Rohrmann <tr...@apache.org>.
Hi Jeff,

thanks for reporting this issue. The corresponding JIRA issue is here [1].
Until the issue is fixed, I would recommend switching to the legacy mode
via setting `mode: legacy` in your flink-conf.yaml.

Cheers,
Till