Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Wei <we...@gmail.com> on 2017/09/08 19:06:44 UTC

commit time in solr cloud

Hi,

In solr cloud we want to track the last commit time on each node. The
information source is from the luke handler:
 admin/luke?numTerms=0&wt=json, e.g.

   - userData:
   {
      - commitTimeMSec: "1504895505447"
      },
   - lastModified: "2017-09-08T18:31:45.447Z"

I'm assuming the lastModified time is when latest hard commit happens. Is
that correct?

On all nodes we have autoCommit set to 15 mins interval. One observation I
don't  understand is quite often the last commit time on shard leaders lags
behind the last commit time on replicas, some times the lag is over 10
minutes.  My understanding is that as update requests goes to leader first,
the timer on the leaders would start earlier than the replicas. Am I
missing something here?

Thanks,
Wei

Re: commit time in solr cloud

Posted by Susheel Kumar <su...@gmail.com>.
Hi Wei,

I'm assuming the lastModified time is when latest hard commit happens. Is
that correct?

>> Yes. its correct.

I also see sometime difference between replicas and leader commit
timestamps where the "diff/lag < autoCommit interval". So in your case you
noticed like upto 10 mins.
My guess is due to different start time of these replica/leader node, their
commit may happen at different times and thus you would see the difference.

Thanks,
Susheel