Posted to rpc-dev@xml.apache.org by kristian meier <kr...@jentro.com> on 2002/02/25 16:45:57 UTC

xml-rpc over ssl

Hello,

i am quiet new to opensource, etc and i have some small questions.

we are going to use the webserver in our new release. for this we need
SSL. there is a quite convinient tool for setting up the neccassary
ssl-system-properties, the SecurityTools. but unfortunatly there is no
setter-method for the TrustStorePassword and the getter uses the
DEFAULT_KEY_PASSWORD if not set.

what shall i do ? is there any chance that this will be fixed in a maybe
new release ? shall i copy and paste this class to my own sources and
fix it there. shall i prepare a PATCH and to whom i suppose to send this
? are there maybe plans to remove the SecurityTool in future releases,
since right now it is not really usable ?

would be nice if someone answers one or the other question.

Kristian

RE: default handler

Posted by Aaron Smuts <aa...@verizon.net>.

Posted by Aaron Smuts <aa...@verizon.net>.

Re: default handler

Posted by Daniel Rall <dl...@finemaltcoding.com>.

Re: default handler

Posted by Daniel Rall <dl...@finemaltcoding.com>.

default handler

default handler

Re: xml-rpc over ssl

Posted by Jason van Zyl <jv...@zenplex.com>.
On Mon, 2002-02-25 at 10:45, kristian meier wrote:
> Hello,
>
> i am quiet new to opensource, etc and i have some small questions.
>
> we are going to use the webserver in our new release. for this we need
> SSL. there is a quite convinient tool for setting up the neccassary
> ssl-system-properties, the SecurityTools. but unfortunatly there is no
> setter-method for the TrustStorePassword and the getter uses the
> DEFAULT_KEY_PASSWORD if not set.
>
> what shall i do ?

You can send a patch.

> is there any chance that this will be fixed in a maybe
> new release ? shall i copy and paste this class to my own sources and
> fix it there. shall i prepare a PATCH and to whom i suppose to send this
> ? are there maybe plans to remove the SecurityTool in future releases,
> since right now it is not really usable ?

It's very usable, it's been in use in the project I work on for 6 months
and the secure xmlrpc transfers work just fine.

--
jvz.

Jason van Zyl
jvanzyl@apache.org

http://tambora.zenplex.org

Re: xml-rpc over ssl

Posted by kristian meier <kr...@jentro.com>.
thanx, Kristian

Re: xml-rpc over ssl

Posted by kristian meier <kr...@jentro.com>.
thanx, Kristian

Re: xml-rpc over ssl

Posted by Daniel Rall <dl...@finemaltcoding.com>.

Re: xml-rpc over ssl

Posted by Jason van Zyl <jv...@zenplex.com>.
On Mon, 2002-02-25 at 10:45, kristian meier wrote:
> Hello,
>
> i am quiet new to opensource, etc and i have some small questions.
>
> we are going to use the webserver in our new release. for this we need
> SSL. there is a quite convinient tool for setting up the neccassary
> ssl-system-properties, the SecurityTools. but unfortunatly there is no
> setter-method for the TrustStorePassword and the getter uses the
> DEFAULT_KEY_PASSWORD if not set.
>
> what shall i do ?

You can send a patch.

--