Posted to dev@cloudstack.apache.org by Rajani Karuturi <ra...@apache.org> on 2015/03/11 12:30:16 UTC

commits to release/voting branches

Hi all,

Do we have criteria/process around what all could go to a branch in
release/RC stage?
I was thinking it should only be blocker/critical.

I dont feel comfortable if one of my commits gets cherry picked to a branch
without my knowledge and an issues arises with it.

~Rajani

Re: commits to release/voting branches

Posted by David Nalley <da...@gnsa.us>.
On Fri, Mar 13, 2015 at 12:34 PM, Daan Hoogland <da...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hey Rajani, There is a cherry-picker to address and a whole community
> as well. So you/we can set these guidelines but if a committer has a
> use for your commit I don't think we could or should hold it against
> the (or you ofcourse). let's keep working or start again at a user
> friendly gate that checks before commiting. Travis is not really of
> much use anymore.
>
> @david: is the new hardware ready to be racked yet?

Hardware is racked and in place - there are some networking issues
that need to be dealt with, but it's slowly coming together.

Re: commits to release/voting branches

Posted by Daan Hoogland <da...@gmail.com>.

--
Daan