Posted to user@oozie.apache.org by Davide Anastasia <da...@blismedia.com> on 2015/07/02 15:04:03 UTC

Oozie 4.2.0, EMR and S3

Hi,
I've been trying to install Oozie 4.2.0 on a EC2 machine for a few days. I
have managed to compile Oozie using -Phadoop-2 and -Puber and I create my
war adding ext, jets3t 0.9.0 and hadoop-lzo in my libext/ folder.

Everything seems to be going well, and I can interact with an EMR cluster
(Hadoop 2.4.0), however, I cannot access S3 (where most of my inputs are).

I have changed the core-site.xml in the hadoop-conf folder in order to add
properties for fs.s3n.awsAccessKeyId and fs.s3n.awsSecretAccessKey. When I
launch my job.properties (both coordinator.xml and workflow.xml are on
HDFS), I constantly get:

davide@...:~/test-oozie$ /opt/oozie-4.2.0/bin/oozie job -oozie
http://localhost:11000/oozie/ -config job.properties -dryrun
[...]
Error: E1003 : E1003: Invalid coordinator application attributes, AWS
Access Key ID and Secret Access Key must be specified as the username or
password (respectively) of a s3n URL, or by setting the
fs.s3n.awsAccessKeyId or fs.s3n.awsSecretAccessKey properties
(respectively).

In the oozie-error.log I get:

Caused by: org.apache.oozie.CoordinatorEngineException: E1003: Invalid
coordinator application attributes, AWS Access Key ID and Secret Access Key
must be specified as the username or password (respectively) of a s3n URL,
or by setting t
he fs.s3n.awsAccessKeyId or fs.s3n.awsSecretAccessKey properties
(respectively).
        at
org.apache.oozie.CoordinatorEngine.dryRunSubmit(CoordinatorEngine.java:564)
        at
org.apache.oozie.servlet.V1JobsServlet.submitCoordinatorJob(V1JobsServlet.java:228)
        ... 25 more
Caused by: org.apache.oozie.command.CommandException: E1003: Invalid
coordinator application attributes, AWS Access Key ID and Secret Access Key
must be specified as the username or password (respectively) of a s3n URL,
or by setting the
 fs.s3n.awsAccessKeyId or fs.s3n.awsSecretAccessKey properties
(respectively).
        at
org.apache.oozie.command.coord.CoordSubmitXCommand.submitJob(CoordSubmitXCommand.java:269)
        at
org.apache.oozie.command.coord.CoordSubmitXCommand.submit(CoordSubmitXCommand.java:203)
        at
org.apache.oozie.command.SubmitTransitionXCommand.execute(SubmitTransitionXCommand.java:82)
        at
org.apache.oozie.command.SubmitTransitionXCommand.execute(SubmitTransitionXCommand.java:30)
        at org.apache.oozie.command.XCommand.call(XCommand.java:286)
        at
org.apache.oozie.CoordinatorEngine.dryRunSubmit(CoordinatorEngine.java:561)
        ... 26 more
Caused by: java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: AWS Access Key ID and Secret
Access Key must be specified as the username or password (respectively) of
a s3n URL, or by setting the fs.s3n.awsAccessKeyId or
fs.s3n.awsSecretAccessKey proper
ties (respectively).
        at
org.apache.hadoop.fs.s3.S3Credentials.initialize(S3Credentials.java:70)
        at
org.apache.hadoop.fs.s3native.Jets3tNativeFileSystemStore.initialize(Jets3tNativeFileSystemStore.java:73)
        at
        at
        at
org.apache.hadoop.io.retry.RetryInvocationHandler.invokeMethod(RetryInvocationHandler.java:190)
        at
org.apache.hadoop.io.retry.RetryInvocationHandler.invoke(RetryInvocationHandler.java:103)
        at org.apache.hadoop.fs.s3native.$Proxy28.initialize(Unknown Source)
        at
org.apache.hadoop.fs.s3native.NativeS3FileSystem.initialize(NativeS3FileSystem.java:272)
        at
org.apache.hadoop.fs.FileSystem.createFileSystem(FileSystem.java:2397)
        at org.apache.hadoop.fs.FileSystem.access$200(FileSystem.java:89)
        at
org.apache.hadoop.fs.FileSystem$Cache.getInternal(FileSystem.java:2431)
        at org.apache.hadoop.fs.FileSystem$Cache.get(FileSystem.java:2413)
        at
org.apache.oozie.service.HadoopAccessorService$4.run(HadoopAccessorService.java:488)
        at
org.apache.oozie.service.HadoopAccessorService$4.run(HadoopAccessorService.java:486)
        at
org.apache.hadoop.security.UserGroupInformation.doAs(UserGroupInformation.java:1548)
        at
org.apache.oozie.service.HadoopAccessorService.createFileSystem(HadoopAccessorService.java:486)
        at
org.apache.oozie.dependency.FSURIHandler.getFileSystem(FSURIHandler.java:166)
        at
org.apache.oozie.dependency.FSURIHandler.exists(FSURIHandler.java:100)
        at
org.apache.oozie.command.coord.CoordActionInputCheckXCommand.pathExists(CoordActionInputCheckXCommand.java:579)
        at
org.apache.oozie.command.coord.CoordActionInputCheckXCommand.checkListOfPaths(CoordActionInputCheckXCommand.java:550)
        at
org.apache.oozie.command.coord.CoordActionInputCheckXCommand.checkResolvedUris(CoordActionInputCheckXCommand.java:520)
        at
org.apache.oozie.command.coord.CoordActionInputCheckXCommand.checkInput(CoordActionInputCheckXCommand.java:351)
        at
org.apache.oozie.command.coord.CoordCommandUtils.dryRunCoord(CoordCommandUtils.java:573)
        at
org.apache.oozie.command.coord.CoordCommandUtils.materializeOneInstance(CoordCommandUtils.java:541)
        at
org.apache.oozie.command.coord.CoordMaterializeTransitionXCommand.materializeActions(CoordMaterializeTransitionXCommand.java:485)
        at
org.apache.oozie.command.coord.CoordSubmitXCommand.getDryRun(CoordSubmitXCommand.java:316)
        at
org.apache.oozie.command.coord.CoordSubmitXCommand.submitJob(CoordSubmitXCommand.java:248)
        ... 31 more

What am I doing wrong?
Regards,
Davide

--
This email and any attachments to it may be confidential and are
intended solely for the use of the individual to whom it is addressed. Any

any action based upon its contents, nor copy or show it to anyone. Please
contact the sender if you believe you have received this email in error.