Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Naresh Yadav <ny...@gmail.com> on 2015/09/08 15:57:11 UTC

Help on Out of memory when using Cursor with sort on Unique Key

Cluster details :

Solr Version  : solr-4.10.4
No of nodes : 2 each 16 GB RAM
Node of shards : 2
Replication : 1
Each node memory parameter : -Xms2g, -Xmx4g

Collection details :

No of docs in my collection : 12.31 million
Indexed field per document : 2
Unique key field : tids
Stored filed per document : varies 30- 40
Total index size node1+node2 = 13gb+13gb=26gb

Query throwing Heap Space : /select?q=*:*&sort=tids+desc&rows=100&fl=tids

Query working* : */select?q=*:*&rows=100&fl=tids

I am using sort on unique key field tids for Cursor based pagination of 100
size.

Already tried :

I also tried tweaking Xmx but problem not solved..
I also tried q with criteria of indexed filed with only 4200 hits that also
not working
when sort parameter included.

Please help me here as i am clueless why OOM error in getting 100 documents.

Thanks
Naresh

Re: Help on Out of memory when using Cursor with sort on Unique Key

Posted by Naresh Yadav <ny...@gmail.com>.
docvalues with reindexing does not seem viable option for me as of
now...regarding second question on Xmx4G so i tried
various options Xmx8G, Xmx10G, Xmx12G all not worked except Xmx14G which
not seem practical for production with 16gb ram.

While searching i came across :
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SOLR-6121 &
I think i am also in same boat where for Cursor use i have to specify
unique key field in SORT and that leads to heap space.

Please suggest some workaround for now as SOLR-6121, SOLR-627 are still in
discussion.

Posted by Raja Pothuganti <RP...@competitrack.com>.
Hi Naresh