Posted to taglibs-user@tomcat.apache.org by Peter Wong <yp...@hotmail.com> on 2000/07/04 17:49:05 UTC

using Custom tags

I am trying to use a simple hello world custom tag which I simply download
from:
http://www.orionserver.com/taglibtut/lesson1/

and I try to run it and tomcat tell me that they can't find the taglib. my
question is
1.) where should I put the .jar file
2.) after I wrote the taglib class what do I have to do.
3.) I am using tomcat on win98
4.) I keep geting this message:
org.apache.jasper.JasperException: Unable to load class
com.taglib.wdjsp.mut.DebugCookiesTag
5.) lets support the .class file for the tag is in
C:\tomcat\class\com\mytag\Helloworld
6.) tomcat is in. C:\tomcat
7.) in the .tld file what do I put in as uri, name..etc

Please I really need some help, been trying for days... I really need detail
step by step instruction.

  Thank You so much ahead of time.