Posted to dev@airavata.apache.org by "Reagan, David Michael" <dm...@iu.edu> on 2014/03/25 21:15:13 UTC

PHP Client Hackathon

Hello,

I was asked to send a quick note to the list to document the progress we made on the PHP client during the recent hackathon. You can find the code on GitHub here - https://github.com/SciGaP/Airavata-PHP-Client-Samples.

SUCCESS
GetAPIVersion
createExperiment
getExperiment
launchExperiment
getExperimentStatus
getJobStatuses

SORT OF WORKED
getExperimentOutputs (it ran without error, but I wasn't sure what to do with the results)

FAILURE
getAllUserProjects
getAllExperimentsInProject
getAllUserExperiments

NOT TESTED
createProject
updateProject
getProject
updateExperiment
updateExperimentConfiguration
updateResourceScheduleing
cloneExperiment
terminateExperiment

Notes:

Returning the experiment's status code string with getExperimentStatus is somewhat convoluted in PHP due to the enum-like data structure set up by Thrift. See line 93 of airavata-client-sample.php. It might be nice to provide a helper function like getExperimentStatusString.

The same is true of a job's status string using getJobStatuses. See line 70 of airavata-client-sample-2.php.

Why is it getExperimentStatus but getJobStatuses? Does a job report multiple statuses? If not, then they should both end in "Status".

updateResourceScheduleing should be updateResourceScheduling.

That's all for now. It was fun hacking with you!

Dave
--
David Reagan
Advanced Visualization Lab

The Advanced Visualization Lab is part of the Research Technologies division of UITS; Research Technologies is a PTI Cyberinfrastructure & Service Center.

Re: PHP Client Hackathon

Posted by Suresh Marru <sm...@apache.org>.
Hi Dave,

This is great feedback. We should consider having the PHP client directly worked from Airavata GIT. We need to update website documentation to include how to contribute instructions. The old instructions are svn based and now obsolete.

Please see below for more comments:
On Mar 25, 2014, at 4:15 PM, Reagan, David Michael <dm...@iu.edu> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I was asked to send a quick note to the list to document the progress we made on the PHP client during the recent hackathon. You can find the code on GitHub here - https://github.com/SciGaP/Airavata-PHP-Client-Samples.
>
> SUCCESS
> GetAPIVersion
> createExperiment
> getExperiment
> launchExperiment
> getExperimentStatus
> getJobStatuses
>
> SORT OF WORKED
> getExperimentOutputs (it ran without error, but I wasn’t sure what to do with the results)
>
> FAILURE
> getAllUserProjects
> getAllExperimentsInProject
> getAllUserExperiments
>
> NOT TESTED
> createProject
> updateProject
> getProject
> updateExperiment
> updateExperimentConfiguration
> updateResourceScheduleing
> cloneExperiment
> terminateExperiment
>
> Notes:
>
> Returning the experiment’s status code string with getExperimentStatus is somewhat convoluted in PHP due to the enum-like data structure set up by Thrift. See line 93 of airavata-client-sample.php. It might be nice to provide a helper function like getExperimentStatusString.
>
> The same is true of a job’s status string using getJobStatuses. See line 70 of airavata-client-sample-2.php.

Agreed. Most of Airavata developers are not good at PHP and will appreciate your contributions of these helper functions.

> Why is it getExperimentStatus but getJobStatuses? Does a job report multiple statuses? If not, then they should both end in “Status”.
>
> updateResourceScheduleing should be updateResourceScheduling.

This is embarrassing to have typos in the API’s. I am the creator of these and will fix them.

Thanks for these notes, very useful summary,

Suresh