Posted to dev@rya.apache.org by "Lotts, David" <Da...@parsons.com> on 2016/08/24 21:12:57 UTC

Minutes from Rya Working Group 2016/08/24

Minutes from Rya Working Group at noon August 24, 2016 (today)
Also known as: Rya Office Hours

Note well: Several issues discussed here - potentially all, but several in particular -- need more discussion on this dev email list.  Each have their own thread.  So if you have contributions to those topics, please do find the corresponding thread and hit REPLY.

We had a septuple to a dozen Rya fans on a shared phone line, each watching a shared screen via Webex.  We used the Webex to walk through issues in the Apache Rya JIRA<https://issues.apache.org/jira/issues/?filter=-1&jql=project%20%3D%20RYA%20ORDER%20BY%20priority%20DESC>.

Here are the topics discussed:

-        RYA-163<https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/RYA-163> PCJDetails Test Failures on non-EST TimeZones  -- a JUnit test is failing in Jenkins.  David said he could probably have fix in place today.

-        RYA-164<https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/RYA-164> Move off of Gitflow   --  proposes we follow the pattern of other Apache Projects (eg. NiFi, Spark, Accumulo) and have master (the default branch) contain the latest major release line under development.

This is now up for discussion on the Dev list, so find the thread started by Aaron:  "Move off of Gitflow" for more details, including details copied from the JIRA issue.

-        Top issues -- We discussed many more of the current top JIRA tickets, prioritizing, resolving, refactoring, and clarifying.  We tried to capture all discussion in the issue comments, or other properties.  For details of what was done, see this Rya issues sorted by update time in JIRA<https://issues.apache.org/jira/issues/?filter=-1&jql=project%20%3D%20RYA%20ORDER%20BY%20updatedDate%20DESC>.

-        Property chains<https://www.w3.org/TR/owl2-primer/#Property_Chains> - A short discussion of adding "property chains" to the Rya feature wish list.

-        Proposal:  this meeting moved to Thursdays at noon?  -- Proposed moving this meeting to another day since Adina, one of Rya's founders, has a long term conflict coming up.  This is up for discussion in its own thread on the dev list: subject "Rya office hours moved to Thursdays at noon?"

-        Accumulo Summit<http://accumulosummit.com/> 2016 was just announced.  We intend to give a talk on some facet of Rya.  The deadline for proposals is super soon: August 31.  We discussed ways to make this deadline.

See you in two weeks for the next Rya Office Hours!