Posted to dev@manifoldcf.apache.org by Priya Arora <pr...@smartshore.nl> on 2019/09/11 05:43:14 UTC

Re: Unexpected HTTP result code: -1: null

Hi all,

Manifold CF crashes.
Raising this issue again, after enhancing memory and otherwise, still
facing the same issue. TRied every possible solution If anybody can help ,
please suggest me some solution.
*Problem:-* Manifoldcf crashes while crawling data from an intranet URL
hinting out below error in logs:-

agents process ran out of memory - shutting down
java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: GC overhead limit exceeded
        at java.util.HashMap.resize(HashMap.java:704)
        at java.util.HashMap.putVal(HashMap.java:629)
        at java.util.HashMap.put(HashMap.java:612)
        at
org.apache.manifoldcf.core.cachemanager.CacheManager.findObjectsAndEx

     ecute(CacheManager.java:135)
        at
org.apache.manifoldcf.agents.transformationconnection.TransformationC

 onnectionManager.loadMultipleInternal(TransformationConnectionManager.java:265)
        at
org.apache.manifoldcf.agents.transformationconnection.TransformationC

     onnectionManager.loadMultiple(TransformationConnectionManager.java:246)
agents process could not start - shutting down
agents process ran out of memory - shutting down
java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: GC overhead limit exceeded
        at
org.postgresql.jdbc.PgConnection.createStatement(PgConnection.java:11

     93)
        at
org.postgresql.jdbc.PgConnection.createStatement(PgConnection.java:15

     77)
        at
org.postgresql.jdbc.PgConnection.createStatement(PgConnection.java:36

     7)
        at
org.apache.manifoldcf.core.database.Database.execute(Database.java:87

     3)
        at
org.apache.manifoldcf.core.database.Database$ExecuteQueryThread.run(D

     atabase.java:696)
agents process ran out of memory - shutting down
java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: GC overhead limit exceeded
[Thread-491] INFO org.eclipse.jetty.server.ServerConnector - Stopped
ServerConne
                       ctor@3a4621bd{HTTP/1.1}{0.0.0.0:8345}
agents process ran out of memory - shutting down
java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: GC overhead limit exceeded
[Thread-491] INFO org.eclipse.jetty.server.handler.ContextHandler - Stopped
o.e.

j.w.WebAppContext@6a57ae10{/mcf-api-service,file:/tmp/jetty-0.0.0.0-8345-mcf-api

 -service.war-_mcf-api-service-any-2010273384908625074.dir/webapp/,UNAVAILABLE}{/

           usr/share/manifoldcf/example/./../web/war/mcf-api-service.war}
[Thread-491] INFO org.eclipse.jetty.server.handler.ContextHandler - Stopped
o.e.

j.w.WebAppContext@51c693d{/mcf-authority-service,file:/tmp/jetty-0.0.0.0-8345-mc

 f-authority-service.war-_mcf-authority-service-any-1431262612693374489.dir/webap

 p/,UNAVAILABLE}{/usr/share/manifoldcf/example/./../web/war/mcf-authority-service

           .war}
agents process ran out of memory - shutting down
agents process ran out of memory - shutting down
agents process ran out of memory - shutting down
Exception in thread "PostgreSQL-JDBC-SharedTimer-1"
java.lang.OutOfMemoryError:

 Java heap space

All configuration are:-
 I have -Xms1024m ,-Xmx1024m memory allocated in
*start-options.env.unix, start-options.env.win file.*
 Also Configuration:-
 1) *For Crawler server *- 16 GB RAM and 8-Core Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU
 E5-2660v3 @ 2.60GHz and

 2) *For Elasticsearch server* - 48GB and 16-Core Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU
 E5-2660 v3 @ 2.60GHz and i am using postgres as database.

3) Database as PostgreSQL
4) No of worker threads:-20.
5) manifold Version :-2.13

Can anybody please suggest some solution to get rid of this error and
crash, as whenever this istutaion comes, manifoldCF UI  results me this:_
[image: image.png]

Any suggestion would be highly appreciated.

Thanks
Priya

Posted by Karl Wright <da...@gmail.com>.
"I have -Xms1024m ,-Xmx1024m memory allocated in
*start-options.env.unix, start-options.env.win file.*
 Also Configuration:-
 1) *For Crawler server *- 16 GB RAM and 8-Core Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU
 E5-2660v3 @ 2.60GHz and"

What is "crawler server"?
You said "single process example", right?  That means there is one MCF
process.  That process is running out of memory.  You are giving it one
gigabyte.  It is not enough.  Add more memory to the -Xmx setting in
start-options.

Karl