Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Lee Peik Feng <pf...@syabas.com> on 2002/08/12 03:58:25 UTC

Tomcat Session Management Bugs?

Hi,
    I'm using jdk1.3.1_04, tomcat 4.0.4, apache1.3.24 and mod_jk on Linux 7.3.

    I sometimes (not every time,happen mainly after I update jsp files, clear cache and restart tomcat) get the below error while trying to browse a jsp page.

I have a main page with a link (<A HREF="http://mydomain/application"></A>)
I click on the link and expected it will display the index.jsp under the application directory

and the browser address bar will return something like below
http://mydomain/application;jsessionid=42735B0A5AABE2DC6DA7212272E3CC3E
with a Page not found error.

but things will back to normal after I restart tomcat and clear cache again. Sometimes, I can just go back to the main page, refresh my browser and things will back to normal too without restarting tomcat.

I can't figure out what is the cause as it is not happenning all the time.