Posted to dev@openoffice.apache.org by Louis Suárez-Potts <lu...@gmail.com> on 2012/05/29 17:22:18 UTC

Mirrors [Was: Re: [otto@informatik.rwth-aachen.de: [postmaster@informatik.rwth-aachen.de: Benachrichtigung über den Übermittlungsstatus]]

Hi All,
On 2012-05-29, at 02:49 , Carsten Otto wrote:

> Dear anyone,
>
> another week has passed without any response. Please take care of this
> issue!

Exclamation marks aside, this issue ought to be corrected and probably could be done expeditiously, though not by me. Tora is no longer associated with AOO, as far as I know, and if he is, the @oo.org is probably not operational. I'm fairly sure we do have the mirror information laid out for all to adopt—?

Louis

Re: Mirrors [Was: Re: [otto@informatik.rwth-aachen.de: [postmaster@informatik.rwth-aachen.de: Benachrichtigung über den Übermittlungsstatus]]

Posted by Carsten Otto <ot...@informatik.rwth-aachen.de>.
On Tue, Jun 12, 2012 at 11:58:20AM +0200, Oliver-Rainer Wittmann wrote:
> For me it looks like that the project - Apache OpenOffice
> (incubating), formerly OpenOffice.org - has lost the people and/or
> the knowlegde about the stuff you are requesting.

That may be.

> Unfortunately, I can not help you as I have no knowlegde about this.
> May be you or others can help to reestablish the needed information
> and infrastructure.

Sadly, that response does not help. Furthermore, I got similar answers
already.

Best regards,

Posted by Rob Weir <ro...@apache.org>.
On Tue, Jun 12, 2012 at 5:58 AM, Oliver-Rainer Wittmann
<or...@googlemail.com> wrote:
> Hi Carsten Otto,
>

> On 07.06.2012 20:38, Carsten Otto wrote:
>>
>> Hi,
>>
>> On Tue, May 29, 2012 at 11:22:18AM -0400, Louis Suárez-Potts wrote:
>>>
>>> Exclamation marks aside, this issue ought to be corrected and probably
>>> could be done expeditiously, though not by me. Tora is no longer
>>> associated with AOO, as far as I know, and if he is, the @oo.org is
>>> probably not operational. I'm fairly sure we do have the mirror
>>> information laid out for all to adopt—?
>>

>> More than a week has passed now, we still did not get any information.
>> Who is responsible?
>

> For me it looks like that the project - Apache OpenOffice (incubating),
> formerly OpenOffice.org - has lost the people and/or the knowlegde about the
> stuff you are requesting.
>
> Unfortunately, I can not help you as I have no knowlegde about this.
> May be you or others can help to reestablish the needed information and
> infrastructure.

Maybe we can map this out some more?  I know when we were initially
discussing how we would mirror the releases there was a lot of people
expressing support for MirrorBrain.  But more enthusiasm than
volunteering.

If we want to use MirrorBrain I think we would need:

1) Several volunteers to step forward and offer to help.  Not just
one, but two or more.  We can't be in a situation where the departure
of a single volunteer leaves the mirror network unsupported.

2) They would need to understand what is required to admin MirrorBrain.

3) The would need to work with Infra to get any needed rsync cron job
or whatever defined.

4) They would need to work with others in this project here on ooo-dev
to maintain the logic in the download webpages.

5) Finally, they would need to monitor a mailing list for questions
from mirror operators like this one.

-Rob

Posted by Oliver-Rainer Wittmann <or...@googlemail.com>.
Hi Carsten Otto,