Posted to user@ant.apache.org by ba...@goodconsultants.com on 2004/01/28 18:34:02 UTC

Using Microsoft VC++ compiler for compiling C and C++ projects?

All,

I have a need to use microsoft VC++ compiler for C and C++ projects.

Currently, I can use <exec> with msdev.exe compiling the project created by
VC++'s IDE directly without issues.

However, I have the following questions:

1. Can I also use nmake, and cl? How? Any detail ant coding examples?

2. Any coding examples in how to use Ant's native tasks to compile C codes?

3. Any details on <cc> task? I dont think that it is from Ant 1.6 but an add
on. Am I correct? Any detail ant coding examples?

Thanks

B.