Posted to dev@flume.apache.org by Tal Kapon <Ta...@servicenow.com> on 2020/03/30 17:45:44 UTC

Is SpillableMemoryChannel production ready?

Hey team,

There is an alarming note in the documentation saying:

“This channel is currently experimental and not recommended for use in production.”

I wonder if this comment is still correct, or is it simply old one and can be removed.

Thanks

Tal

Tal Kapon
ITOM Architecture
O: +972-3-6252215
M: +972-52-3279092
servicenow.com<https://www.servicenow.com>
LinkedIn<https://www.linkedin.com/company/servicenow> | Twitter<https://twitter.com/servicenow> | YouTube<https://www.youtube.com/user/servicenowinc> | Facebook<https://www.facebook.com/servicenow>

Re: Is SpillableMemoryChannel production ready?

Posted by Bessenyei Balázs Donát <be...@apache.org>.
Hi Tal,

I'm no user of the SpillableMemoryChannel, but looking at
http://flume.apache.org/ , the feature has been around for more than 5
years now. I guess it's fine to use it in production, but I'd
recommend that you first perform the necessary testing for your use
case(s) (performance, robustness, etc.).

Donat