Posted to general@incubator.apache.org by Andrei Savu <as...@apache.org> on 2013/06/27 10:33:57 UTC

[VOTE] Release Apache Provisionr version 0.4.0-incubating, RC0

This is the first release candidate for Apache Provisionr, version
0.4.0-incubating.

The PPMC vote thread:

http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/incubator-provisionr-dev/201306.mbox/%3CCAHZL8y-PzC6AVavK-cs5d8Sv%2BV2bfq0REHPjAaWn1Fs-y3PSqQ%40mail.gmail.com%3E

It fixes the following issues:
https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?projectId=12314423&version=12324250

*** Please download, test and vote by July 2, 2013.

Note that we are voting upon the source (tag), binaries are provided for
convenience.

Source and binary files:
http://people.apache.org/~asavu/provisionr-0.4.0-incubating-candidate-0/

Maven staging repo:
https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapacheprovisionr-035/

The tag to be voted upon:
https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf?p=incubator-provisionr.git;a=tag;h=62abf302b47460abff904e2e721606255561757d

Provisionr's KEYS file containing PGP keys we use to sign the release:
http://www.apache.org/dist/incubator/provisionr/KEYS

Check the following email to understand how this releases candidate was
created and tested so far (we are still lacking documentation):

http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/incubator-provisionr-dev/201306.mbox/%3CCAHZL8y8dHL%3DU2kFVGySX2aNuF%3DRhNg9n4%2Bcpd1yktvacCZwbPA%40mail.gmail.com%3E

[ ] +1
[ ] 0
[ ] -1 (explain why)

Thanks!

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Provisionr version 0.4.0-incubating, RC0

Posted by Tom White <to...@gmail.com>.
+1 verified signature and checksum, ran RAT, checked LICENSE, NOTICE
and DISCLAIMER, built from source.

Tom

Posted by Tom White <to...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Andrei Savu <sa...@gmail.com>.
Thanks Joe for explaining the process! I will remember that for the next
release.

We now have 2 binding votes from the IPMC. Only one more is needed.

Regards,

-- Andrei Savu

Posted by Joe Brockmeier <jz...@zonker.net>.

Posted by Andrei Savu <sa...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Andrei Savu <sa...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Dave Fisher <da...@comcast.net>.
On Jun 27, 2013, at 1:33 AM, Andrei Savu wrote:

> This is the first release candidate for Apache Provisionr, version
> 0.4.0-incubating.
>
> The PPMC vote thread:
>
> http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/incubator-provisionr-dev/201306.mbox/%3CCAHZL8y-PzC6AVavK-cs5d8Sv%2BV2bfq0REHPjAaWn1Fs-y3PSqQ%40mail.gmail.com%3E

This link doesn't help determine who has voted from the PPMC nor does it provide a count of how many votes and by whom.

Have you had any IPMC/binding votes?

Regards,
Dave

Posted by Andrei Savu <sa...@gmail.com>.
Thanks Roman!

Good catch finding the missing .gitignore - I've create a JIRA issue:
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/PROVISIONR-42

We can address the WOT thing next time we meet face to face.

Cheers,

-- Andrei Savu / axemblr.com

Posted by Andrei Savu <sa...@gmail.com>.
Thanks Roman!

Posted by Marvin Humphrey <ma...@rectangular.com>.
On Mon, Jul 1, 2013 at 10:42 AM, Chip Childers
<ch...@sungard.com> wrote:

> As podlings get integrated into the ASF, wouldn't a reasonable approach
> to this request be for the mentors that have voted to add their sigs to
> the final release (after they +1 the vote)?  Adding signatures is
> something TLP's do, so why not help podlings in a similar way?  This, of
> course, assumes that the new signers are established within the ASF
> WOT.

+1

That's the approach that Daniel Shahaf suggested last year when this issue was
discussed.

http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/incubator-general/201210.mbox/%3C20121011202956.GA4372%40lp-shahaf.local%3E

Marvin Humphrey

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Provisionr version 0.4.0-incubating, RC0

Posted by Marvin Humphrey <ma...@rectangular.com>.

Posted by Chip Childers <ch...@sungard.com>.

Posted by Chip Childers <ch...@sungard.com>.

Posted by Roman Shaposhnik <rv...@apache.org>.