Posted to j-dev@xerces.apache.org by Kurt Werle <kw...@webwarecorp.com> on 2000/10/06 20:11:35 UTC

Change in operations (was Re: Confessions)

Your email was too long and did not change the topic.  I doubt many
reached the end.

> my direct operational proposals are:
>
> 1) change project codename to something more neutral
> 2) create another mail list
> 3) create another CVS module
>
> So, I'm doing it now: I'm calling for an official vote.
>
> Please vote on the above.

Those are all technical solutions to social problems.  Unless things are
'run' differently (which probably means a changing of the guard - though
NOT necessarily the coders), I don't think your changes will help.

In any case, change brings about the possibility of improvement.

I vote yea.

Kurt

RE: Change in operations (was Re: Confessions)

Posted by Ed Staub <es...@mediaone.net>.
> Unless things are 'run' differently (which probably means a changing of
the guard - though
> NOT necessarily the coders), I don't think your changes will help.

I can't find the guard.  I've been looking for months.  Are YOU the guard,
perhaps?  ;-)

-Ed

Posted by James Duncan Davidson <du...@x180.com>.
on 10/6/00 11:11 AM, Kurt Werle at kwerle@webwarecorp.com wrote:

> Those are all technical solutions to social problems.  Unless things are
> 'run' differently (which probably means a changing of the guard - though
> NOT necessarily the coders), I don't think your changes will help.

Hopefully Stefano is signing up for the long term to be part of that
changing of the guard. :) And even though they are technical solutions, the
aim is a very social one -- to attempt to unite under a new name. It's a
political tool that's used quite often to take peoples feelings about a name
and move past them.

> In any case, change brings about the possibility of improvement.

Hopefully so.

+1 from me (like that's a surprise! :)

.duncan