Posted to log4j-user@logging.apache.org by Ceki Gülcü <ce...@qos.ch> on 2002/09/24 21:23:56 UTC

Re[3]: log4j.jar locked by Tomcat even after remove/undeploy....

Which version of log4j is this? Tomcat? Can you see what happens if log4j
is not configured at all?

Ceki

others. -- Jon Postel, RFC 793

Re[4]: log4j.jar locked by Tomcat even after remove/undeploy....

Posted by Jacob Kjome <ho...@visi.com>.
Hello Ceki,

I'm using log4j-1.2.6.  I just tested the app after commenting out the
<load-on-startup> line for the log4j-init servlet in the web.xml.  log4j.jar is *not* locked
after shutting down the application.  I don't have to shut down the
server to release the resource in this case.

Jake

Best regards,